Chapter 46

MATCH DAY

The game against Crystal Palace had arrived. Kai was already awake with Isabella, the now 7 month old baby sat in her high chair, Kai feeding her some food. "Right, you're fed. Time to feed mummy." Kai says to his daughter before handing her the bottle of milk. The german makes Amelia breakfast while the girl still asleep in bed.

Just as her breakfast was finished, Amelia came down stairs, rubbing her eyes to remove any sleep from them. "Good morning. I've made you breakfast and fed Issy." Kai smiles as he handed Amelia her plate as she sat at the kitchen island. "Thank you. Are you ready for the game?" the girl smiles, taking a bite out of her food. "Yeah. Are you?" Kai asks as he sits beside Amelia with his breakfast. "Definitely. I'm totally ready." Amelia confidently smiles.

Novella, Balou and Pooch were outside, laid on the grass in the winter sun. It was the last match before the christmas break. The whole team were glad the winter break was coming up to allow them to recouperate and gather their thoughts before recommencing the season. Amelia and Kai agreed to take Isabella to Germany to allow Kai's family to meet her and surprise Amelia's dad with a holiday. This was where they were going to tell them the news of their engagement.

STAMFORD BRIDGE

The group arrived at the bridge and high fived the fans on their way in. Amelia and Kai met up with Amelia's dad before the match and he took Isabella with him. "Oh, dad before we head home. Can you meet us?" Amelia turns to her father who smiles. "Sure. How come?" Nick asks, surprised by his daughter's request. Usually, Nick would take Isabella back to his to allow Amelia and Kai to have a goodnights sleep following their match.

"You'll find out soon." Kai speaks up as Nick nods. "Okay. Good luck out their guys." Nick smiles as does Amelia and Kai. "Okay baby girl, I'll see you after the match." Amelia says to Isabella before pecking her forehead. The baby giggles at her mum before she and Nick waves at Amelia and Kai as they head inside the staff enterance of the stadium.

"One last game and then that's it for the christmas break." Trevoh says as he walks into the dressing room. "Yeah. I think we all need a break this season." Mason says as he sits in his spot beside Conor. "Yeah. This has been so bad so far. But, we have to give the fans something before the break. To give them some hope next year for the rest of the season." Amelia speaks up, a sigh leaving her mouth at the end. "Hopefully it will be a typical Amelia Rosendale style goal that seals the win." Marcus laughs as Amelia nods in agreement.

As soon as the Crystal Palace team arrived and were settled, the two teams headed outside to warm up. The chelsea fans cheered when Amelia was announced in the chelsea starting 11 for the first time in what feels like forever for them. Each fan praying Amelia can help the team revive their season a tiny bit. "Right, good luck out there guys. I know it hasn't been an easy season for us so far. But, lets get those three points and reignite that hope for the fans." Thomas says as the group nod.

The Crystal Palace players were already lined up as the Chelsea team came out and lined up beside their mascot. Amelia was stood right at the back on the line. Both teams followed the referees out onto the pitch as the stadium filled with music and fans singing along. Flags waving and cheering filled. "Lets welcome back to Stamford Bridge, you're top scorer in the 2021/22 season and player of the season that season, Amelia Rosendale." the stadium announcer calls as Amelia waves to the chelsea fans.

Both teams take a group photo before shaking hands and jogging to their share of the pitch. Chelsea kick off the first half and after passing the ball at the back, Chilly fires it down the pitch for Amelia to catch it with her foot and shoot it into goal. The chelsea players on the pitch and on the bench run over to the girl and pile on her as the chelsea fans cheer. "Chelsea's first goal of the afternoom scored by the returning number 15, Amelia Rosendale!" the stadium announcer calls as the fans cheer while the players disperse.

"Jeff, it's 1-0 inside the first minute to Chelsea. Lovely ball play from the Ben Chilwell who sends it down the pitch to Amelia Rosendale before she fires it into the net. I'll tell you now, for someone who's spent over a year out and returning to league football, Amelia has scored a beauty from outside the box. 1-0 to Chels." Bianca Westwood commentates for Gillette Soccer Saturday on Sky Sports News.

The celebrations died down and the Chelsea squad regained their positions as Crystal Palace kicked off the match again. It was rare for Chelsea to take the lead but it definitely was something for the fans to be happy about and to shout about.

SECOND HALF

No half time substitutes were made meaning Amelia was still on, playing her best game since her international match. The stadium was buzzing with excitement as Chelsea faced off against Crystal Palace in the second half. Both teams giving it their all. As the game progressed further following Crystal Palace kicking off the second half, Chelsea found themselves with a frustrating lack of opportunities to score since Amelia's first minute goal.

Suddenly in the 70th minute, Amelia made possibly her best cross of the game from the left side of the pitch. The ball sailed effortlessly to Kai, who positioned himself just right for the perfect header. The ball soared through the air and found the top right corner of the goal. The stadium erupted into cheers yet again as Kai ran to Amelia, who had sprinted over to him with a grin on her face.

The second goal had been a long time coming, but it felt worth the wait. Kai felt an overwhelming sense of joy and accomplishment. It has definitely been a tough season and he knew that he owed everything to his teammates and especially to Amelia, who helped make his goal possible.

At full time, Chelsea won 2-0 and Stamford Bridge erupted at the final result. Fans and players praying this momentum would continue. Amelia smiled that she played a full 90 minutes and both scored and got an assist. As they walked off the pitch, Kai and Amelia shared a special moment together. The german proud that his partner played a full match and assisted him with his goal.

"I'm so proud of you, schatz." the boy smiles, pecking the girls cheek. "Thank you baby. I played a full match." Amelia giddily says as Kai laughs at the girl's excitement.

OUTSIDE STAMFORD BRIDGE

The Crystal Palace team headed back to their team hotel, disheartened at their result in the game. Amelia and Kai left after the team celebrated both of them getting on the scoresheet. They met up with Amelia's dad who had Isabella asleep in her carseat. "She tried to stay awake but sleep got the better of her." Nick chuckles handing his granddaughter to the couple. "Bless her. Anyway, I hope you're not working on Christmas." Amelia smiles, excited to tell her dad what she had planned.

"I booked Christmas off. Why?" Nick suspiciously looks at his daughter. "Well, we're heading to Aachen to spend Christmas with Kai and his family." Amelia smiles as Nick looks at the girl with surprise. "Seriously?" Nick looks at Amelia with surprise as she nods. "That's amazing. What a surprise." the older Rosendale man smiles before hugging his daughter and future son-in-law.

By the end of the night, Amelia lay on the couch, feeling exhausted from a long day at work and taking care of Isabella before the match. She closed her eyes, trying to relax and clear her mind. Suddenly, she realized she had drifted off to sleep.

A few minutes later, she felt Kai sit down next to her. He gently picked up Isabella, who had been sleeping in her room but woken up from a minor nightmare, and laid her on his chest. Amelia's eyes fluttered open, and she reached out to touch her little girl's sleeping form.

Kai wrapped his arm around Amelia, and she snuggled up to his warm body. She felt his chest rise and fall with each breath, and it soothed her into a state of contentment.

As Isabella slept, Amelia's mind drifted off to happy thoughts. She thought of all the amazing moments she had experienced with Kai, and the memories they had made as a family. She couldn't help but smile at how lucky they were.

Before long, Amelia slipped back into a deep sleep, her body resting in Kai's arm. The sound of his heartbeat lulled her deeper into relaxation, and she felt so grateful to have him by her side.

As the clock ticked on, the three of them slept peacefully, cocooned in their own little world of love and comfort.