Chapter 19

The night of the game under the floodlights against Manchester City at Stamford Bridge. In the reversed fixture, Chelsea won 2-1 with Mason scoring both goals for Chelsea and Jack Grealish netting one for Man City.

Amelia and Kai arrive at the stadium but sit in their car as they wait for other teammates to arrive. "Last game then." Kai frowns as Amelia sadly nods. "Yeah. I'll be watching from home though and supporting you all from there." the girl says, sadness in the tone of her voice mixed with a bit of optimism. "True. And I understand that it's for the safety of you and the baby." Kai says as he lays his hand on Amelia's baby bump as the baby kicks. "I just felt that." Kai smiles as Amelia chuckles. "Yeah. Not as strong as when the first time I felt them kick." Amelia smiles.

Over the past few weeks, Amelia has noticed Kai be somewhat secretive around her. She hasn't thought much about it because she thinks it has something to do with the baby. Little did she know, he had somethings bigger planned. "Right, I'm going to head to the dressing room. I'll see you after the game." Kai smiles as he softly kisses Amelia. "Yeah. See you later." She smiles as he gets out the car.

As the girl gets out the car and heads to the main entrance, she runs into Paula. "Hey girl." the german girl smiles. "Hi. You okay?" the brit hugs her best friend before they both walk in and are handed their passes. "I'm okay. How are you and the baby?" Paula asks as the pair find an elevator. "We're good. Disappointed this is the last game we're coming to but other than that we're fine and thriving." Amelia says as she presses the button to call for the lift.

"It's going to be odd without you here. Only seems like yesterday you started going back to watching the lad's train." Paula chuckles as Amelia nods in agreement. "I know. That's how quick 3 months has gone. One minute it's here and then the next it's gone." Amelia shrugs as she and Paula step into the lift and head up to the club box that they'll be watching the team from.

The waiters and waitresses greet Amelia and Paula by the doors and handed then a drink each. "One last time taking in this view." Amelia frowns. "You're going to miss it, aren't you?" Paul turns to Amelia as they take their seats. "Yeah. I am. But, once baby is here, they'll be coming with me." Amelia smiles as she rests one hand on her bump and holds her cup in the other. "What are you having or are you keeping it quiet?" Paula asks the girl.

"Me and Kai know what we're having but we're keeping it quiet until the birth." Amelia smiles as Paula frowns. "Oh come on. Please tell me." the german girl pleads to the brunette brit who shakes her head. "Not telling anyone. Only for me and Kai to know and everyone else to find out." Amelia smirks as she watches the Chelsea boys head back down the tunnel after their warmup.

••••••
iMessage
Kai❤️

Kai❤️
Are you safe? xx

Amelia💜
Yes bubs
Me and baby are safe
Just remember, no matter
the result, we're proud 🫶🏼 xx

Kai❤️
I know
Lets just pray everything is
going to go swiftly xx

Amelia💜
It will...
Hopefully xx

Kai❤️
Wow 😂
Anyway, Kepa is coming
up to join you because
he decided to fracture
his finger xx