Chapter 38

SKY NEWS
AMELIA ROSENDALE CALLED UP FOR LIONESSES DESPITE NO PREMIER LEAGUE TIME

Sarina Wiegman has confirmed the 25 players called up to the lionesses with Chelsea forward Amelia Rosendale being called up despite having no game time in the premier league so far this season

Sarina Wiegman has confirmed the 25 players called up to the lionesses with Chelsea forward Amelia Rosendale being called up despite having no game time in the premier league so far this season. Wiegman explains her choice of choosing Amelia instead of Katie Robinson who was called up for the Arnold Clarke Cup

"I want Amelia to have some game time this season internationally. I am aware of her current situation at Chelsea and that she isn't fully fit but I want to give her a chance on the pitch. I am aware it's a lot to ask of her and I know I'll get a lot of stick for either starting or subbing on an unfit player.

It has been a tough road for Lia. Having a baby and missing a full season of football then going back, working on her fitness then getting COVID. But, she has faced it with such resilience. There are players who fans would think deserve a call up over Amelia but both Lia and I know she deep down wants game time and I'm willing to give it to her as she continues to regain her fitness."

The now 24-year-old and mum of 1 has told Sky Sports

"I'm honoured to be called up for international duty with the lionesses. It'll give me a chance to meet some of the girls and also have some game time. It's a shamed I missed a call up for the Three Lions but that's football but I am extremely happy to get this call up.

It has been and is going to be a tough road so I'm delighted to be selected for game time while working on getting back to full fitness again."

We know Amelia is going to have a tough road but we have full confidence in her, Sarina and the Lionesses team on getting Amelia one step closer to playing in Chelsea games again.