Martha gives one final squeeze to her daughter before taking her hand and leading her into the house.

"Mr. and Mrs. Park were very kind to allow us to stay here till I find a suitable residence. You should thank them when you meet them."

"Sure mother."

The girl's eyes wander around the beautiful home as a gasp escapes her lips after seeing the gorgeous chandelier in the middle of the living room. She couldn't help but wonder how exactly well off this couple actually was.

"Oh hello." Diamond's voice greets making the girl drop her gaze towards the voice.

"Diamond my dear, this is my daughter Liza." Martha introduced pulling her daughter forward.

Diamond examines the lady in front of her. She was quite beautiful. Wearing her flight attendant uniform, she had her brown hair tied in a neat bun at the back. She held a travelling suitcase in her left hand whilst a handbag rested on her right arm. She was several centimeters shorter than Diamond, but her heels boosted her up a bit. She wore a rather shy but confident smile on her face as she maintained eye contact with whomever she spoke to.

"Hi, I'm Liza. Thank you so much for allowing me to stay here."

"Welcome." Diamond smiles. "I hope you will be comfortable."

"I'm sure I will be."

"Where is Liam my dear?"

"His meeting is running late. He said he'll be here in the next hour or so."

"That gives me just enough time to prepare dinner."

"I will show Liza to her room. If you don't mind if course." Diamond offers warmly.

Liza shakes her head. "Lead the way."

About an hour or so had passed and Diamomd had spent most of that time getting to know her new guest. Liza was a lovely woman. Very bubbly and bright. She was definitely Martha's daughter.

"So we are the same age huh." Diamond says passing a glass of red wine to Liza.

"Yes. It's nice to be talking to someone my age."

Diamond chuckles as the two sit down at the dining table.

The door clicks open, notifying Liam's arrival.

"Oh, Liam's here!" Diamond announces and lifts herself up to go greet him.

"Hey." Liam greets with a smile.

"Hey. How was the meeting."

"Long."

"I can imagine."

"Come on, Liza is in the kitchen."

Liza was busy chatting away with her mother till her attention focused on something, or rather someone else.

Damn.

Who knew Diamond's husband was this gorgeous?

Liza practically gawked at the beautiful man standing in front of her. Why had she never seen such a beauty during all her flights? Are beautiful men that rare?

And the dimples.

Yep, Liza was officially gone.

"Liza, are you alright my dear?" Martha's voice calls out, snapping the girl out of her thoughts.

"I'm fine mother." She mumbles as she rises from her seat. "Hi, I'm Liza."

"Welcome Liza." Liam responds, his voice sending shivers down her spine. "I'm Liam, Diamond's husband."

That seemed to sober Liza back to reality. Liam was married. Not for long, but still married nevertheless. She couldn't go lusting over a man that was kind enough to let her stand in his home.

"Thank you for having me." She responds, smiling shyly.

"I hope you will be comfortable here."

Liza hoped so as well.

~~~

Uh oh. Liza seems smitten.

Anyways mini announcement : I have been working on this short story for a while and it's about three quarters complete. I will be wrapping it up sometime around June and will probably be published right after Billionaire Marriage is complete!

Maybe sooner.

It will be called Lean onto me.

Vote
Comment
And
Follow

Social accounts: https://linktr.ee/joonie.writes

Please follow me 💕