He sniffed the dirt on the other side and continued to follow it to the right.

That was another thing we couldn't do too well, track him by his scent. It was a smell we were all too familiar with. He had been living int he same house as us for years, his scent was littered around. It was on our clothes, especially mine and Iris', much to our dismay, so we couldn't track his scent as efficiently. The summer heat also meant that there were more scents in the air than there usually is in winter.

"I guess I was proven wrong," Emi admitted.

"Guess so," I responded. "Pax, Caspian just turned into his wolf and jumped across the waterfall, do you think you can do that?"

Pax sighed and shook his head. "I heard him stumble, I don't think I'd be any better, but I could try."

"Are you sure?" Emi stepped forward. "It could be quite disastrous if you don't make it." She twirled one of the rubber bands on her wrists.

"I can try," Pax repeated.

I sighed and nodded. "I think Emi should go first," I said and turned towards her. "Just in case."

Emi nodded and didn't hesitate to tell me to turn around. I turned towards the trees, and not a few minutes later, the sound of another two feet hit the ground. I turned to see Emi's wolf with her clothes in her mouth.

"You can do it," I told her. "You've just got to take a good run before doing it."

Emi turned from me to the water and then to me again. She huffed, best she could with clothes in her mouth, and went a bit further than Caspian had before leaping across the running water. She whined as she fell slightly short.

Caspian rushed to the edge and grabbed her by the neck. He used his teeth to drag her backwards, away from the stream.

When she was comfortably on her feet, she sent me a glare, as though calling me a liar.

"At least you got over there," I offered with a smile. "Pax, do you want to go before me?"

His eyes were scrunched closed he was bouncing on his heels. "Could we go together?" he asked, his voice wavering.

"Of course," I replied. I took my shirt off, and noticed that Pax hadn't. "You might want to turn if you're wanting to do it."

Pax chuckled nervously and nodded, fiddling with the end of his shirt. "Right."

It wasn't long before I was standing next to a black wolf. My paws dug into the dirt as I tried to grasp how bouncy the ground was.

I nudged Pax in the side of the neck and stepped backwards. He followed me precisely, nearly matching each step.

I sprinted towards the water and jumped. My paws hit land, then air, and then land again. I didn't let myself take in the fact that I had hit land, before turning around and looking for Pax.

He was dangling over the edge with his paws int he dirt and his hindlets frantically looking for a surface to cling to.

I rushed over and grabbed him by the neck, just as Caspian did to Emi. I pulled him further onto land, where he fell onto his back, shaking slightly. His jaw was clenched and his eyes still hadn't relaxed.

I nudged his neck again and licked his cheek in an attempt to assure him that he was safe.

He calmed down after a few minutes, getting to his feet and titling his head towards the floor in shame.

Caspian and Emi were a few feet away from us, so I nudged Pax and kept doing so until he started to follow me. I made sure to stay right beside him as we followed the two.