Battle 4: Rock and Roll

Start from the beginning

Trace: Gary Oak. But not for long. When I enter the Pokémon League, I'm gonna win the whole thing and become Pallet Town's greatest trainer! He stated. Speaking of great trainers, I've managed to catch 3 Pokémon. How many have you caught, Niko?

Niko: Uh, well, 3.

Trace: What!? He shouted, surprised. Uh, well, I suppose that's pretty good...for you that is. He said trying to sound composed. Trace peeked over and saw Niko's Pokémon training. Heh. Well, you beat me this time, but you can beat I'll capture a bakers dozen of Pokémon!

Niko: Still as competitive as ever 💧 . By the way, I'm guessing you already beat the Pewter City Gym? He asked.

Trace: Uh...💧

Duplica: Wait. You mean you haven't?

Trace: Ahem! Great trainers need to take a break from time to time. It's certainly not because I was goofing off and exploring the city. He said.

Niko & Duplica: Right. Of course.💧

Trace: Ah! Trace suddenly shouted. I just remembered I have to get to the Gym, like, right now! He said running off.

Niko: Why the rush?

Trace: Because I already booked a match earlier, so I have to get there now!

Duplica: You sure have a weird friend. Duplica giggled.

Niko: Uh, Duplica?

Duplica: Yes? Niko looks at her with a somber face. What's wrong?

Niko: Well, it's just... I'm... scared. He admitted.

Duplica: Huh?

Niko: Battling another trainer is one thing, but battling a Gym leader is another thing. I heard Gym leaders are really tough. And... what if I'm not good enough?

Duplica: So, you wanna go to the Pewter City Gym to watch your friend battle first? Duplica put together.

Niko: Mm-hm. He nodded.

Duplica: Then what are we waiting for? She grabbed his hand and ran, pulling him along.

Eevee: Eevee! (Guys!) Seeing them go, Eevee and the other two chase after them.

The two reach the gym and were overwhelmed by the sight of such an impressive building

Niko: So, this is the Pewter City Gym. Niko said as his hand started to shake.

Duplica: Don't worry, Niko. I'm sure it's not that bad. She said trying to reassure him.

Trace: Ah! Trace arrived to the Gym and saw the two. Niko and Duplica see him and notice that he looked a bit sweaty. Aha! I caught you, Niko! You were trying to get ahead of me and challenge the Gym leader before me!

Duplica: What are you talking about? We just got here! Plus, you ran off like crazy, so how are you just getting here?

Trace: Well, it certainly isn't because I got lost on the way here or anything! He stated.