05. Sharing

Tamina

My fingers clasp around the cup, the heat strokes the inside of my hand and I'm unable to prevent the comforted sigh from coming out. The mixture of caramel and the faint twist of caffein soothes me and beckons me for a taste. Taking a cautious sip, allowing the hot liquid to linger on my tongue for a moment and quickly swallow it down. Glancing at him, I say, "OK, not that bad." I stop at the tingling in my mouth, feeling it water. "But how can you drink it straight up like that? It's hot."

He shakes his head, lip quirking. "I've been drinking this for a long time. My mouth is used to hot things."

When his eyes land on me, my brain buffers.

Not knowing what to say, I offer his drink back. When his fingers reach for it, they brush against mine, a zap of electricity runs through my skin and alarms me. The cup dips and a small portion of steaming liquid splashes over my hoodie along with the length of my thumb.

Brandon's quick to pull the coffee away and inspect the situation with worry clouding his features. "I apologise, forgive me." His tone is sincere. "It hasn't burned you, has it?"

The dull sting layering my skin is hard to miss, but it will pass in a couple of seconds. However, as if sensing my lack of focus, he takes my hand for a closer inspection, and there's a faint pink mark. Before any words can be spoken on my part, his lips trail along the marking, leaving me speechless and with a new burn in my cheeks.

"I apologise again, does it hurt?"

I shake my head, stuttering, "N-no, sorry."

My conscience screams at me for being clumsy and letting something as trivial as an electric shock distract me. An unnerving feeling creeps in at the thought of my vacation from bad luck coming to an end. On the other hand, women would kill to have a man like Brandon kissing their skin, and I'm fumbling like a fool.

Mustering my brain to concoct words, I murmur, "It was my fault. The famous electric shocks strike again." Attempting a light chuckle, I sigh whilst evaluating the damage. "I'm fine, honestly, but I think I better head home. . ."

Humiliation works over-time through my system, knowing there's no way I'm going to be able to walk around with mess on my chest. Fidgeting in my seat, my body decides it's time to climb to my feet, only for Brandon to grip my wrist gently and his shaded gaze to lock on me.

"Please, don't go yet," he replies softly. "Would you like me to buy you a new one?"

My heart skips a beat, the sincerity of his voice and the generous offer taking me by surprise. It's strange to say that even though this is really happening, it doesn't feel real—he doesn't seem real. He's a complete U-turn to him, and insanely a dream man to all those who need someone like him.

"No, seriously it's alright."

"Do you have anything on underneath?" He slips off his shades, placing them beside his thigh that's become closer to mine. "If you would prefer, you can have my jacket?"

I'm embarrassed by the number of times my cheeks have warmed under his gaze and because of him, but the notion of knowing I only have a bra underneath is too much, let alone him knowing that too. The walk of shame home sounds preferable, but having the fact that coffee ruined the day instead of him finding out I'm nearly naked is almost on the same level. Although, I must commend him for being a gentleman and offering his jacket.

Setting his drink aside, he trails the zip down the length of his torso until the leather hangs open. Shedding it off, he stands up and holds it out to me.

Taking the phone out of my pocket, my words come out in a shy breath. "Brandon. . ."

"Arms."

Complying, my arms slip through the awaiting sleeves timidly, leaving him to work the zip up my body.