60

The four of them had gathered in the entry of the gang's building. It was the night they were going to do it. Jeongguk and jin had deinstalled all the security cameras and got rid of them. All of their identities have been removed from every official document, and the money they owned now has already been moved to their new houses.

Their new homes were all ready by now, so they could move in at any time they wanted. And it was going to be this night. They had finally come up with a plan. Jimin had wanted to burn the whole place down, but jeongguk had hit him for that. That was totally unnecessary.

So instead, they settled for making the fire alarm go off, and jeongguk had spread some hints all around so that the police would find out about all the gang shit when they arrived. The four of them would be long gone by then.

"Now?" Taehyung asked, the holding the hammer tightly with both his hands. "Now." Jeongguk confirmed. And the merman destroyed the glass that covered the red button.

Suddenly, all the sirens went off and the four of them looked at each other for a second before they turned around and left the building behind. They could hear the police and the fire brigade when they turned around the last corner.

It was over now.

-

Jeongguk had been anxious for about a week now, still worried that they might find traces of them, but taehyung told him every time that no one was suspecting a thing. The merman was keeping the media in check, something he quite liked doing these days. He always stole jeongguk's phone, scrolled through all the news and then kept narrating them all to the angel.

It was a nice habit, jeongguk rarely got annoyed with it. "Look here, they think that someone forced the leader to do something,  of course related to money, and then he gave up on the gang."

They were sitting on the couch in their new living room, jeongguk was drinking tea and taehyung read through all the articles that made up some kind of theories about the incident. Not one of them got close to the truth and that calmed the angel down quite a lot. Maybe that was also the reason why the merman did this in the first place, no one could actually be that invested in these clickbait articles.

It was a nice gesture. Taehyung wasn't even involved in any of this, but he still did his best to reassure jeongguk.

"Can we bake a cake today?" The angel asked instead, because he finally wanted to get rid of all his overthinking. It was time that he left all that shit behind and focused on his new life.

Taehyung smiled. Finally, jeongguk was able to move on. And of course he would bake a cake with him.

-

Friends, this was the last chapter, there will be one last epilogue and then this story will be finished. Thanks to everyone who read this, I hope you liked it.