Days pass, and soon it is Wednesday. Aranza's birthday is on Saturday.

Juan Patricio calls Aurelio. Aurelio doesn't want anything to do with him but needs to keep things civil and cordial. He picks up his phone. Juan Patricio says that he wants to talk to him. Aurelio says that they have nothing to say to each other. Juan Patricio insists and says that it is an important matter, about his welfare. Aurelio insists that he doesn't want his money, but Juan Patricio says that with the coming changes after the babies are born, it is in his best interests for them to meet. On hearing those words Aurelio relents and agrees to a meeting the next day, at the office.

Much later at Montes De Alba inc, at lunchtime, Hector, Gina, Adrianna, Antonio, Aurelio, Martin, and Emma are discussing Aranza's party. Aranza is away on work-related duties. Adrianna says that Aurelio should distract Aranza on the big day. Aurelio, says that it will be hard because Aranza hates being ignored and she will be hurt when she thinks no one remembered her birthday.

Hector agrees with him but says that it is Aranza's big day and they should all work together to make it special for her. Aurelio tells them about his conversation with Juan Patricio. Antonio asks him what he will do. Aurelio says he will go and see him and hear what he wants before telling his parents and grandparents. Gina tells him to be careful.

The next day, on Thursday,

John wakes up early, eager to work and learn something new that day. He had been given a phone.

Sometime later, Juan Patricio arrives at Montes De Alba and goes to one of the executive soundproof boardrooms. Aurelio is called and goes to meet him. Of course, the news about him being Juan Patricio's grandson had spread, and people knew that Juan Patricio had come and wanted to see him. Carlos too had heard the news. Juan Patricio had told no one. Aurelio waits for Juan Patricio to begin the conversation.

Juan Patricio reminds him that Adrianna and Hector are going to need privacy, especially after the baby comes, and their house isn't big. He then asks him where he plans to go. Aurelio says that that topic was already discussed and he will go back and live with his parents. He adds that he always knew that sooner or later, Hector and Gina would begin their lives.

Juan Patricio asks him if he really wants to go back home, especially when there is another option. Aurelio asks him what he is talking about. Juan Patricio says that he will buy him his own house. Aurelio is shocked. Juan Patricio, says nothing big, just something that won't be too hard for him to manage. He adds that he knows some one-roomed luxurious apartments, that will be a perfect fit. Aurelio looks at Juan Patricio suspiciously and asks him what he is upto. Aurelio tells Juan Patricio that he is sure that he would not do something if it doesn't benefit him and that he is up to something.

Juan Patricio smiles despite the situation. He says that he doesn't expect him to forgive him soon but he is his grandson and as such, he deserves his birthright. Aurelio tells Juan Patricio that he cannot buy him with money. Juan Patricio says that in a few months he will be 19 years. He then asks Aurelio, if he really wants to go back and live with his parents, when he can live in his own house, a house that can serve him well throughout his campus years. Aurelio repeats his question and asks Juan Patricio what the catch is.

Juan Patricio says that there isn't. He says that he is simply doing what is right. Aurelio comments and says that he (Juan Patricio) is only worried about what people are going to think as this secret gets out. Juan Patricio says to himself that Aurelio is just like his (Juan Patricio's) father. Out loud he says that there maybe some truth in that but he is still his grandson.

Elsewhere, Gina glances over at Emma's desk and asks her if she is looking up strange stories as usual. Emma rolls her eyes and says that she is actually re-reading the article on the accident that killed Gabriel Montes De Alba. Gina is caught off guard, as her face goes pale. She didn't see that one coming. Emma asks her if she is okay, and Gina says she is. Gina then asks Emma why she would want to reread such an old case. Emma says that there is a missing body and no one knows what happened to the twins, creating an enduring mystery. Gina says to herself that if only people knew that she and Hector are the missing twins.

Later, Aurelio goes to his grandparents' house and tells them of his discussion with Juan Patricio earlier. They are of course shocked. Ramon says he should agree but be very careful around Juan Patricio.

On Friday, during lunch hour: Aranza looks sad. Aurelio asks her why she looks so down. Aranza shrugs and says she is okay. Aurelio says he knows her too well and can tell when she is lying. Aranza says, that she doesn't like it that people seem to be ignoring her. Aurelio holds her hands and tells her that no one is ignoring her. He adds that they all love her, but they are just a bit busy. Aranza shrugs rolls her eyes and pouts. Aurelio smiles and she glares at him. She asks him what's so funny. Aurelio says nothing. She looks at him like she doesn't believe him.

Later, at Antonio's house, Gina is sitting down to rest. Antonio had gone to his room to get something. Gina has a flashback of her, Antonio, Adrianna, and Hector crowding around Aranza's crib, when she was a baby. She was so adorable. Gina then comes back to the present and says to herself that Aranza is now turning 18 years. Antonio is standing a little distance away from her. Gina hasn't noticed his presence yet. What is she thinking about that has got her so engrossed? He then remembers, what Aurelio said when he went looking for Gina at their house, some months ago, about something tragic or sad having happened to her and Hector as children. He asks himself what could have happened to them.

Meanwhile, Juan Patricio has just told Claudia about his decision to buy Aurelio a small apartment. As expected her reaction is less than enthusiastic. She asks him to consider what people will say when he parades his bastard son and grandson. She adds that he should have kept the secret to himself and let everyone live their lives without disruptions. Juan Patricio tells her to stop being so melodramatic. He adds that he is only doing what he is supposed to do.

He adds that people are likely to talk more if he doesn't do anything for Armando and Aurelio and he will look worse. Claudia says that she will protect her interests and those of the rest of the family from the 'bastards'. Juan Patricio says that it's only a small house and Armando and Aurelio are part of his family too. Claudia glares at him but walks away.