"I can't just fucking leave it Vic."

Vic's pov
7th April 2022, Melbourne

I woke up way too early today.. my mind was running around Lando. I was still fuming and I have no idea how long I'll be able to hold myself back.

I take a run hoping it would calm my nerves. After almost two hours of full speed running I collapse on the beach. Trying to catch my breath again my mind wanders off once again.

Fuck you lando.

Not even running helped. Perfect. "Still alive?" I hear a familiar voice behind me which causes me to turn around.

Max..

I smile "yeah.. just went for a run"

He sits down next to me "you alright?"

My look wanders off to the ocean "yeah sure why?"

"Running is your coping mechanism.. do you wanna talk about it or will we enjoy the peace?"

I smile and look back to him "you remember everything.."

He shrugs "of course i do.."

After a deep breath I find my voice again "thank you.."

"What for?"

"Just being you."

He puts his arm around me and pulls me closer. I lean my head against his shoulder. We sit like that for a few minutes and I can finally calm down a bit.

How did I survive the last years without him..?

"Should we go back to the hotel?" He asks me knowing that I don't want to talk right now. I nod and he gets up first to pull me up to him. We start walking to the hotel in a comfortable silence.

After a few minutes I break the silence "don't laugh at me.."

He already smirks "okayyy..?"

"I was scared to see you this weekend."

He stops and looks at me "why??"

I shrug "you still mean the world to me and... everything I could think about was 'what if he don't like who I became' or 'what if we don't get along anymore'.."

He looks at me with saddens in his eyes before he closes the distance between us and hugs me tight "There won't be any universe in which we won't get along muppet."

His words mean so much to me that all the pressure I made myself fell off my shoulders and a few tears fall off my eyes.

He wipes them away and gives me a soft some "I'm proud of who you became. How could you ever think differently ?"

He was proud of me.. suddenly flashbacks come back to my mind from the night in bahrain.

"You're disgusting. I thought you would've made something out of yourself by now but as I see.. still a gold digging bitch. Your mom would be disappointed."

The memories of these words made my tears fall even faster. I look up to Max "Lando said.. t-that my.. my mom would be disappointed a-and that I'm disgusting a-and-"

He shuts me up as he hugs me tighter then ever. He whispers "don't ever let someone talk you down like that. You are amazing and he has no fucking clue who you are today. I'm sorry.. I'm so fucking sorry that he said all those things to you.. you don't deserve it."

I look up to him and nod "but you don't have to be sorry.. it's not your fault.."

"I don't care. I still am. Promise me to not listen to him when this bullshit comes out of his mouth okay?" I nod and be continues "He is angry and hurt and all but that doesn't justify this. If I see him I'll-"

This time I'm the one interrupting him "no. You won't do anything. You guys are best friends so please just... just leave it."

"I can't just fucking leave it Vic"

"Then let me handle it on my own?"

He nods and we continue walking to the hotel. After we said our goodbyes I rush back to my room and take a shower.

I'm more then glad to see that nothing changed between me and Max. But it makes me even more furious about Lando and his fucking bullshit.

I get dressed and put some light makeup on before I head down to breakfast with Charles, Joris, Andrea, Pierre, Carlos, Rupert and Pyry.

After a delicious breakfast we head to the track

After a delicious breakfast we head to the track. I didn't know how I would react if I see Lando today. So let's hope I won't run into him.

Both free practice sessions the ferrari looked strong as usual.

[let a girl dream, ok?!]

I was waiting for Charles because he had to finish off some media duties. I found myself near the media pen to watch him giving interviews, i don't know why but it makes me so proud. He returns to me and puts his arm around my shoulders as we walk back to the hospitality.

That's when I saw Lando. He was just about to go inside his hospitality as I see him looking at us and shaking his head laughing.

That's it.

What is his fucking problem?!

Before Charles knew I pulled away from him and stormed over to McLaren. Lando was still outside the hospitality looking at me. As I reach him the first thing I did was giving him a slap right into his face to swipe that stupid smile off his face.

Oh god

Did I just slap Lando Norris ?

In the paddock?

Well I think I did..

Anyways shit happens 🤷🏼‍♀️

He looks at me in disbelief and one of his team members was storming towards us to pull me away, to my surprise Lando stoped him. Instead he took my wrist and pulled me after him inside the hospitality. What is happening here? We enter his driver room and he slaps the door closed. He rises his voice "What the fuck was that?!".

"You deserved it."

"Bullshit I haven't done anything wrong!!!"

I scoff.

Is he fucking serious right now??

****

Thing that's a good point to end the chapter no?

We love good cliffhangers 🫣