"Muppet"

Lando's pov
18th March 2022, Bahrain

I should be happy. I'm a formula one driver at McLaren.. that's what I always wanted.

But something felt not right.

Almost like something was missing.

New season new luck right? Today was qualifying in Bahrain and I was exited to get back in the car. Friday looked okay so far as well as the third free practice so I was exited for the quali.

Suddenly my best friend Max Fewtrell comes back into the hospitality. But To say he was pale was an understatement.. he looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"Mate what happend?" I ask him as he sat down next to me. He remains silent and is just staring in front of him. "You scare me did you see a ghost or what?" I say laughing trying to get his mood back up but he just nods. "Spill the tea and tell me what happend mate??"

"I- I saw her"

"Who?"

"She is here" he finally looks up to me.

"Mate who are you taking about?"

"Muppet"

"Muppet?" I ask confused.

"Victoria you fucking idiot"

Victoria. Fuck I haven't heard that name in a long time..

19th march 2022, Bahrain

The fact that Vic is here confuses me so much even tho I haven't seen her yet.

I want to hug her.. god I missed her so much. But she ripped my heart out as she left without anything. She was my everything..

I was caught in my own thoughts ever since Max told me that she is here. I just finished my interviews and saw Max Verstappen talking to someone.

We didn't had much time to catch up so i decided to walk over to him. I wave at him and he greets me "Hey mate! How are you?".

I tell him that I'm good and turn around to the girl he is talking to. I was just about to ask her who she is as i look straight into Vic's face and my brain stops working.

Max was about to introduce us as she cuts him off with a "yeah i know".

Not gonna lie at this point my brain wasn't functional anymore. Her voice.
I don't know why but it hit me completely off guard.

Before i knew my mouth opens "what the fuck do you think you're doing here?!". I can't explain it but im pissed. So fucking pissed. She walks around here like she belongs here when all she does is sleeping around or whatever. She left me. And now shes back?

She was just about to answer as Leclerc joins us. I liked him but the second i see him wrapping his fucking hands around her waist i second that.

Once again I wasn't able to explain what is happening with me because I'm not able to take my eyes off the pair.

I was just about to say something but luckily my brain started working again so I was able to shut myself up. I knew nothing good would come out of my mouth so I just turn around and get away from them as fast as possible.

Back at the hospitality i lock myself inside of my drivers room because the last thing I wanted was talking to anyone..

20th march 2022, Bahrain

"Okay thats P15" I hear my race engineer saying over the radio. I don't answer because I'm too disappointed in myself.

Fuck.