Part 31

Gupta House 

Payal thought for a week about what to decide. She was waiting for Akash to do something, but at last, he didn't do anything. They both talked about her promotion too, but Akash wasn't supporting it, telling her that he can't leave his parents, his grandmother, and his sister's responsibilities like his elder brother. Finally, she decided something on her and now it's time to talk with her parents. 

Guptas were anxiously waiting for their daughter to talk. Payal took a deep breath, "Amma, Babuji, and Buaji, I need to tell you something, I have decided something."

Garima and Madhumati were scared, they expected that maybe Payal was breaking the marriage, "Bitiya, please don't make any decision in haste. Let us decide what is right for you. Parents always know what is right for their children."

Payal shook her head, "I know, Amma, but please let me decide this time what I want to do. Please, Amma, I always listen to everyone whatever all of you say. But this time I want to take responsibility for my decisions. Please…"

Shashi kept his hand on her and nodded his head to show his support. Madhumati and Garima were looking at him in disbelief. Payal smiled a little, "A few days back, ASR gave me the option to choose the higher position in Lucknow which will be beneficial for me or to stay in Delhi in the same position. And after thinking a lot I choose a higher position."

Madhumati and Garima gasped in shock, "Hayye re Nandkishore, What are you thinking to take such a kind of decision, Payaliya? How can you decide on such a big thing without our permission?"

Payal retorted back, "Don't I have the right to make decisions about my life? Please Amma and Buaji let me decide what I want and who I am."

Garima gulped afraid of her marriage, "We never stop you, Payal? But you decide to break your marriage?"

Payal shook her head, "No, Amma I am not breaking my marriage."

Buaji, with a confused expression, asked, "Then Akash bitwa agreed to come with you?"

Payal disagreed with her statement, "No, he isn't coming. He didn't even know that I was going to accept that offer."

Garima hesitantly asked her, "Then, how will your marriage work? Isn't this distance at this point harming your relationship with Akash?"

Payal sighed before explaining, "Amma, this is not new where the husband works in one city and the wife in another city for some time. And now I am tired, Amma, of listening to Maaji's taunts, Anjali's blackmail, or Dadiji's double-standard preaching. I just want to check whether Akash will ever stand for me, or be like this. Does my distance matter to him or not? After completing one year I will decide what to do. And I expect support from all of you."

Shashi pressed his hand to show his support. Garima understood her daughter's pain and agreed but Madhumati didn't say anything.

Payal smiled a little and was happy that her family was with her and supported her decision too, "Thank you, Amma and Babiji. We are leaving here next week, I am getting a new flat from the company for accommodation. We will stay there so that no one will blame or taunt you for anything."  After talking for a few more minutes Payal left from there.

Madhumati kept her hand on her head, "This is all Khushi and Arnav's mistake. Because of them, my Payal is facing this situation. Because of them, my Payal's marriage was on the verge to break. I am never going to forgive both of them."

Garima shook her head, "Jiji, Khushi didn't even know what she was doing, how can you blame her for anything? It's not Khushi's mistake."

Madhumati widened her eyes, "Because of Khushi and Arnav only Shyam came into our life and destroyed it. So, stop defending that bad omen. And I am warning you, nobody will allow that Bad omen to come in my place. Otherwise, it will be the worst day of her life. None of us will support that orphan." With her last words, she left the hall marching.