Part 4

City Hospital

Early in the morning, Arnav was checking his important mails on his laptop sat on the sofa in the room,  when Khushi opened her eyes, rubbing her eyes lazily with a pout, she turned  her head to Arnav's side calling him, "Arnav."

Without breaking his gaze from his laptop screen, he replied nonchalantly,  "Hmm." 

Khushi frowned as he was not giving attention to her and shouted, "Arrrrrnaaaavvvv."

Arnav looked up to her and raised his eyebrow and asked, "What?"

Khushi saw that nurse was checking her vitals, so she lifted her left hand and motioned him to approach her, "Come here."

Arnav stood up from the sofa and moved towards her and asked, "Now tell me."

Khushi indicates him to bend down to which he obeyed  and she whispered near his ear, "Arnav, I want to go to the toilet."

Arnav was shocked, his eyes popped out, and almost shouted, "What????"

Khushi just nodded her head innocently, and in return he shrugged and mindlessly said to her , "Haan toh jao, Mujhse kyun puch rahi ho? (Then go. Why are you asking me this?)" 

Khushi flared her nose and showed him, her fractured hand and leg and asked, "How??? You will have to take me to the washroom.  I can't walk like this."

Arnav was embarrassed now, how on earth would he make her understand that he can't take her to the bathroom to help her in this

He cleared his throat and looked at the nurse, "Excuse me nurse.. Can you help her? She needs to use the washroom."

The nurse nodded her head and said, "Sure Sir."

The nurse approached Khushi and tried to take Khushi with her but Khushi held Arnav's hand and adamantly said to him, "No, I won't go with her."

Arnav was feeling awkward, it was getting difficult for him to handle this situation now. Somehow he tried to explain to her, "Listen Khushi, I can't take you there."

Khushi frowned and asked, "Why?"

Arnav took a deep breath before trying to make her see sense by having to use a simple way of speaking with kids, something he wasn't accustomed to, "See you are a girl and I am a boy, didn't your Maa tell you not to go to the washroom with a boy?" He prayed that her mom made her understand this, otherwise this conversation will reach to a whole new level of awkwardness and embarrassment for him. 

Khushi tapped her index finger on her chin, thinking for a minute then she replied, "Okay I won't, I will go with that white-dressed aunty. let's go, aunty." 

Arnav breathed in relief and looked at the nurse taking her to complete her morning routine.

*******************************************