Chapter 13 - A Broken Curse

Depuis le début

'Did you transfer Princess Elizabeth and her friend to the dungeon?' Hendrickson asked as he was talking telepathically with the mage. 'Yes, to a place where no one can touch them.' She replies. 'By the way, when will you start the ritual? Oh, I see that you are facing some intriguing opponents. Very well, I'll send my sweet knight.' She finishes as she holds out her staff in front of Gilthunder.

With Hendrickson, Arthur, and Meliodas

A storm cloud is seen as Arthur starts to question it. A lightning bolt comes down from it as Meliodas holds up his sword and stops Gilthunder's attack. Gilthunder then appears on the side of Meliodas, striking him with his sword. They start to clash a little bit as Meliodas has some trouble holding up his own. Gilthunder then kicks Meliodas up into the sky, only to be caught by Arthur. "Thanks! I owe you one." Meliodas tells him. "It's nothing, forget it." Arthur says as they both land on the ground. "Mind lending me a hand?" Meliodas asks. "Sure, my pleasure." Arthur tells him, ready to fight. "By the way, my name is Arthur Pendragon. I've heard about you for years from your reputation." "Great, but how about we save the chit-chat for after the fight?" Meliodas offers. "Right." Arthur says.

"Let's pick up where we left off, Lil Gil!" Meliodas says. "I'm only doing what I must, nothing more." He says as he charges up the lighting on his sword. "I better warn you now, I'm not going to hold back." Meliodas says as he charges in and so does Gilthunder. They started to clash with each other at insane speeds. "Wow, the speed that they're swords are going at is incredible! And they're barely trying." Arthur says in awe. "We have some unfinished business." Hendrickson says, appearing behind Arthur.

Gilthunder and Meliodas were still going at it as Meliodas kicked Gilthunder back. Gilthunder quickly got up and yelled, "Lighting Beasts Chase!" A storm cloud appeared above him as lighting beasts started to go toward Meliodas. "Full Counter!" He yells, deflecting them but one slipped through his grasp. "He delayed one, so I can't counter them all at once?" He directed the last one away as Gilthunder appeared behind him and struck at Meliodas' back, luckily Meliodas blocked it with his scabbard. Gilthunder then appears in front of Meliodas, wasting no time to hit him. Meliodas blocked it, but his word flew out of his hand. "Lighting King Iron Hammer!" Gilthunder yells as a massive thunderbolt was directed toward Meliodas. As the dust cleared, Meliodas was shown holding Gil's sword with his fingers as his demon mark showed.

'He just stopped the attack with just his fingers?' Arthur questioned. 'I also feel a change in Sir Meliodas, but what is it?' "It's his demonic power emerging." Hendrickson replied as if he could read minds. Hendrickson struck Arthur back as he got his bearings back. "His demonic power?" Arthur asks. "No need for me to explain to a dead man." Hendrickson smirks as black flames emerge from his sword again and knocked back Arthur. Arthur was about to get back up until he noticed some black flames were on his scarf. He started to try and pat down the fire. "Ow, ow, that's really hot!" Arthur exclaims. "My last attempt was stopped, but this time, turn to ashes." Hendrickson said, still smirking. "This is bad! It won't go out!" Arthur says, trying to get the flame go out when it suddenly did. Hendrickson was shocked as he saw the mage with the cloak.

"You go here, just in time to save me! Thanks! Did you finish off the others?" Arthur asks the mage as he got up and started to dust himself off. The mage stayed quiet. "I appreciate your help, but I don't need anymore." Arthur says, confidently as he gets into a fighting stance. "Fool." Hendrickson says.

Meliodas was still holding onto Gilthunder's sword. It was like that for a while before they both jumped away, going head on with each other as a lighting bolt shot out of the sky.

With the others

"Another thunder strike? How many is that now?" Howzer asks, worried as he holds Gowther on his back. "This has to be Gilthunder. He must be fighting the Captain, right?" Diane asks King. "Yeah, he must be." King replies. "I don't sense Ban's power." Gowther adds. Howzer jumps from the sudden voice and also from thinking that he was dead. "I wonder where he went?" Gowther says, thinking a little.