"They are not bastards." I grit through my teeth. "They are Starks and I love them. All of them."

"Loving a child does not make it any less a bastard."

"What is your point Varys?" I felt myself shaking.

Lord Varys chuckled. "You need to get rid of her."

I laughed loudly. "No."

"Your Grace, she holds a big secret of yours and spilled it to me just like this," He then took his cup of wine and poured it onto the floor.

The puddle of wine sitting there was a reminder of what Alana knew. I looked into it and saw my reflection. Saw what was truly beneath that beautiful face of mine. My children are Stark children. They are fathered by Ned and even Ned's son, Jon Snow- he was not mothered by some mystery woman... He was mothered by me and only me.

Birthing him and only having him for a few weeks before having to hand him over to Ned and then be forced to pretend as though I hadn't ripped myself open birthing that beautiful baby boy was torture.

There still was resentment in my heart for my father for forcing me to send my baby away. Still fresh and new while I bled under my gowns as he was placed into the arms of Ned Stark who had to them act as though we were not in love. Bringing that baby to Riverrun to meet his wife that he had completely forgotten about.

Only to discover that she birthed him a trueborn son while he was fighting Robert's battle for him. When the raven came from Riverrun to my father, because it could not be addressed to me- I nearly fainted. Feeling ill at the thought of Catelyn Tully and Ned Stark raising the boys together. Like a perfect family...

The family I should have had all along.

Just for me to be sold off to Robert Baratheon. The day that Ned Stark came to be Robert's Hand just weeks after war had ended and right after our wedding... It felt like a punch to the gut. To have to watch my son, my sweet Jon, grow from a distance.

To watch as myself and Lady Stark would be expecting not far off from one another. Especially with Myrcella and Tommen while Lady Stark was expecting Arya and Brandon. I wanted to try for one more.. Just one more... But rather Catelyn got to experience pure joy by having Rickon... The little boy who should have been mine.

"What am I to do, Varys? Behead the girl?" I scoffed. "I am the only mother she knows."

"A daughter would not betray her own mother the way the girl has betrayed you. Same with your brother, your own twin brother." Varys replied.

I rolled my eyes.

"Perhaps they are perfect for one another." I said to amuse the spider. "Shall we send them back to Casterly Rock to be wed?"

Varys smiled. "If the two are already in the game of sharing secrets perhaps it would be best to see that they are far apart. Send Alana to Winterfell to wed Benjen Stark. Have her freeze her little ass off up there where she can never reveal your children's parentage to anyone. She will be too busy trying to get herself in Benjen's bed in order to cover up her own pregnancy."

"That is evil." I replied.

Sentencing the girl to a life of misery because she may or may not spill a secret to Robert? I trust her to make the right choice. Even if Lord Varys does not.

"She is hardly 20 years of age." I added. "I can not ruin her life over something that may happen or may not happen."

"Robert will slay you and your children should he learn the truth. He will slay Ned Stark as well and maybe even his other children. Do you wish for that to be their fate? Do you want their blood on your hands, Your Grace?"