21|Ribbon

Alice woke up to some Nomes playing with her hair. The Nomes had encountered a tangle, and were attempting to comb it out with their little finger-beans. It was mostly working, except the little Nomes kept getting their fingers stuck, so she was trying to help- and not laugh at their bewildered expressions- when she noticed that Moni, Six, and RK had moved from the sleeping spot near the furnace.

Perhaps they've just gone out for some air...Oh please let that be true...

Alice was totally oblivious to her pinky finger twitching uncontrollably until a familiar voice roused her from her catastrophizing. (Imagining things are going horribly and the worst possible outcome is what happened, basically.)

"What's with the ladies-in-waiting?"

Alice looked up to see Six staring down at her. Or to be more precise, her hair. Envy clouded Six's beautiful eyes and she pulled her head up before walking over to where Mono was casually having a conversation with a large Nome. Or that's what she thought it was until the 'nome' pulled off its head, revealing the large Nome to, in fact, be RK.

He looked towards her and waved. She would have waved back, but yet another Nome seized her wrist and half pulled, half dragged her over to where the others were standing. 

Her hair's plaited into a (very fragile looking) plait, and she's the prettiest girl I've ever seen.

She looks just like a dream...

One of the Nomes practically shoved a piece of red ribbon that he had noticed before into RK's hands, motioning towards Alice. He knew what they wanted him to do, so he took hold of her

plait and tied the ribbon around it.

Things like this really make you feel appreciative of having opposable thumbs, especially when this means that you can....

RK's train of thought was interrupted when Mono walked in and asked a question.

"Why are your hands intertwined in Alice's plait, and why are you spacing out?"

RK looked hurriedly down at his hands and removed them, blushing slightly. Alice looked up, seeing this and decided to remain quiet. Out of the corner of her eye, Alice spotted Six creeping up on Mono- and still said nothing.

"Boo!"