19- Picture This (Bucky x Reader)

Came up with the idea while running around with my friends taking picutres! I got a new camera yay!
---------------------------------------------

"Isn't cool Bucky?" You held up your new camera, "it's so cute!" Bucky hums in response as he watches you light up.

"See it's not like that digital one I have. Here I'll show you, smile." You click, the flash goes off and Bucky shields his eyes.

"Whoops sorry!" You apologized reaching for his arm, but he pulls away from your hand.

"Oh, look the picture printed!" You cheered pulling it out of the slit, you began waving it so it could dry. Bucky rubbed his eyes and looked back to you.

"Okay, I think it's done. Check it out!" You presented the photo to Bucky, who squints and sees a stunned looking, furrowed brow, expression.

"This is a keeper." You winked at him, tucking the picture into your camera case pocket.

You collapse on the evergreen lawn, Bucky plops right beside your lying form.

"The suns going to set soon. We should watch, well, not look directly at it, but we could still admire it." You beamed, holding the camera on your stomach. After a couple moments, you began to feel a bit parched.

"I'm going to grab some lemonade inside, would you like some?" Bucky nods at you innocently, watching how the breeze carried your yellow undress," do you mind taking care of my camera?" You passed the camera and case, which inside was littered with pictures you had taken. Bucky pulled the camera over his head and watched you go inside, the former assassin enjoyed visiting you in your home on the quiet and peaceful country side of New York on the weekends. Steve had introduced him to you, hoping Bucky could make some friends and find a little peace away from the hustling city. But Bucky had thougt of you more than a friend, and honestly, you couldn't help but you have feelings for the sweet guy!

Growing bored and inpacient, Bucky follows you inside, passing the porch swing that was in dire need of oil.

"Sorry, it's taking me so long." You apologized, hand on the speaker of your phone. You hold up the serving tray with glass cups and mouthed "ice"" to Bucky, he nods and takes the tray.

"No, mom. I'm just having Bucky over." You put the phone between your shoulder and ear, returning to cutting your lemons,"Wha-what! Mom no!" Bucky catches you looking over for shoulder at him with a light blush painting your cheeks.

"He's a friend of Captain America, yes, but I'm-" You bite your tongue from screaming a cuss word, you cut yourself,"I-I'll call you back in a bit mom."

"SHIT!" You cried, putting your finger in your mouth, the citrus juice going into your wound wasn't making the situation any better.

"_______." Bucky sad coming to your side and taking your finger.

"Could you please grab me a bandage in the cabinet, Bucky?" You asked, Bucky knew his way around your home and easily found a bandaid. You held out your finger and he carefully helped you put it on.

"Thank you. I'm going to start juicing them, okay?" You went back to cutting the fruits, ignoring Bucky's disapproving frown.

"I'm fine really." You smiled, humming a little tune to yourself. A flash coming from your side, blinds you, you blink and find Bucky holding up your camera as a photo prints. You watch as he pulls it out and begins waving it. He looks from you to the photograph.

"Keeper." He mumbles, you blush and return to your work, plugging in the juicer and beginning to make the lemonade.

Flustered you poured the freshly made juice into the glasses and brought them to Bucky who was now strolling around your house waiting for you to follow him back outside.

"Bucky?" You find him at your stairwell where pictures line the walls and frames hold the most treasured memories on the stand leaning against the wall. He has a frame in his hands and the photo he recently took of you.

"Hey, I finished our drinks, lets head outside." Without any words, Bucky hands you the pearl decorated frame holding a black and white photo of a woman and a man joyfully dancing the quick step. The woman's orbs gazed deeply into her partner with slick down hair. Bucky hands you the photo of yourself and watches you solemnly

"It was a good memory wasn't it?" You beamed at Bucky who was in deep thought, trying to understand why there was picture of him and what looked like to be you from when before he became the Winter Solider.

"It's you." He compares, pointing.

You sigh hesitantly, "oh, Bucky I wasn't born yet, that's my grandma." You giggled realizing the similarities.

"Tell me about her."

"Her name was (Grandma's name), you promised too marry her after the war." Bucky's face grows dark as he stares at his feet.

"You both loved to go dancing and often tried to pair Steve up with your friends. She really loved you and sent you letters every week." You set the lemonade tray down and the pictures, pulling out a drawer full of albums.

"She saved everyone of your letters and wore her engagement ring proudly. She was devastated when she found you had died." Was Bucky remembering? You wondered. When you reached to touch the fragile man he pulled away, tossing the frame face down on the table. You followed him outside to the hill you were relaxing on a little while ago.

"C-Can you remember, Bucky?" You asked, but he scooted further. You tried to touch his shoulder, but hesitating, remembering that he probably wouldn't appreciate that.

Holding yourself, you turned to admire the sunset, the oranges and splashes of pink in the sky made you feel better. Strong arms pull you closer, Bucky was holding you! You blushed as you felt his heart beating against you.

"Thank you." He pecked your forehead, tickling you with his after shaved chin. You leaned against him, taking in his scent and the summer air.

CLICK!

***

"So what she say?" Stark entered Steve's room holding a glass of scotch.

"She's still denying it." Steve chuckled as Tony rolled his eyes.

"Honestly, why can't they see that their perfect for each other." Tony exclaimed.

"I don't think Bucky feels ready for that, he's still a bit unstable." Steve explained as Tony took a sip of his drink.

"I still ship it."