14- Peter x Death!Reader

(Request for Lokilover! Thank you so much for your support! Hope you like it)

8 feet to be safe. 6 feet for him to notice me. 3 feet to be risky. 2 feet for him fall to his knees.

That left me to watch from a far.

A far from, well, everything.

***

I leaned against the crippling tree, the leaves were all dried up and the bark looked as if beetles had eaten it. I stared at the apple I had packed. I reached for it, but as my fingers got closer to it, the ripe fruit lost its color and the stem went limp. I sighed and tossed it to the side, the ants would eat it.

"_________?" 3 feet and a half, I flinched and stood back.

"Peter." I was surprised to see him; he was holding his lunch tray, probably heading towards his lunch table.

"You're wet." He stated, and then blushed, turning away. I blushed too; it was raining, but when you're in high school and your hormones do all the talking, things get weird and somewhat perverted, "don't you want to come inside? You can join me and my friends." He advanced closer, that was 3 feet. I backed up against the tree.

"I shouldn't." His group, they're full of life, they make him happy. And I-I can't even touch anything before it shrivels up and dies in my palms.

I am death and he is life.

"They don't bite, Sam maybe, but the other guys don't." He holds out his hand, it's throbbing with red. I bet they would feel warm against my icy veined hands.

"Next time." Then I ran, leaving dried grass prints. The rain drummed against my head, I would probably catch a cold before I decide where to hide out. I found myself hunched over on the side of the school, head bent over, gasping for air.

"Agent ________. What are you doing out here?" Coulson asked, widening the door for me to enter. I went inside; he made sure to stay eight paces away from me at all times.

"Everything all right? Would you like a towel?" Coulson offered me, moving his arm chair to the far side of the room.

"No, I'm fine." I shook my head, "may I just stay here?" Coulson only nodded, this wasn't the first time I had done this. -Half way home-

It was still pouring by the end of the school day. I kept my head down, and prayed that my books would be dry. Then suddenly the rain above me stopped. I turned, to find Peter holding it over my head; this was less than 3 feet. I can't be this close to him! I stepped away from the cover of the plastic hood.

"Why do you keep doing that?" He questioned, capturing my wrist. I flinched and tore away from him.

"Stay away from me!" I cried, my salty tears mixed in with the rain. Peter stood in front of me with a shocked expression.

"I-I don't want to hurt you." I murmured, but felt my forehead rest against his chest, "please don't get close. I could kill you." He wrapped his arms around me.

"I know what you are, _______. I'm not afraid of you." I lifted my head, and he took my chin, tilting it up, for us to share a chaste kiss.

I'm death and he is life.