22- You and me~ Part I (Nova x reader)

Request for Mikeyft5sos!

This will have 2 parts

-----------------------------------
-- New Year's Eve, 2025--

"______, where's Sam?" You turn your head to the call of your approaching mother. She held a glass of campaign out for you which you gladly took with a quick "thank you."

"He," you began searching for another excuse,"he's not here because he wasn't feeling too good, throat hurts." You take a sip.

"Really? Hmm, well, tell him not to be so shy to say 'hi' when he comes back." Your mother pats your back and returns towards a group of friends.

The party had just started a little while ago, and now there was only fifteen minutes till the New Year. You and Sam had flown to your parent's for Christmas , but they insisted the two of you stayed till the end of New Years. For the past couple of days Sam had "disappeared" to the market, "got lost" on the freeway, had a "bathroom break," ect. for some rescue or mission in space, neither of you were able to spend time together, even on Christmas! You personally were hoping that this year would be better for your relationship.

Five minutes now, your mother was passing out glittery hat crowns and poppers to guests while your father called for last drink orders. You began to pace a bit, checking the countdown, while hoping Sam would hurry up.

Less than a minute now. You bit your lip nervously. Everyone was paired up except you and maybe a couple other women and some men.

10, still looking
9, head still spinning
8, still lost
7, still hopeful
6, still nothing
5, still waiting
4, still patient
3, still here
2, still...
1

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The house cheered in glee. Confetti rained down on the floor followed by bodies of people rushing into each others embrace. You lifted my campaign towards my lips and took a sip. Through the glass you recognized a shape in front of you.

Sam.

Pushing through the sprinkling of colorful paper, you smashed into his chest and clung to his neck, causing the drink to splash on his iron crisp lapis dress shirt.

"Sam!" He held my waist and brought me into a sweet kiss, taking your glass from your hand.

"You're here! Wait-- Your here! And you late!" You crossed you arms in front of your chest, grumpily.

"Right, sorry about that. I was up against some major--." Your parents appeared, causing Sam to completely change his story.

"Cough." You nudged him in the side.

"--major cough." He covered his mouth and did an obvious fake cough.

"Sam, everything alright? Heard you had a sore throat or something." Your dad says in concern.

"Yeah, just dropped by the pharmacy for some medicine, most of them were closed so took me longer than I thought." Sam shrugged.

"You could have asked, I'm sure there is something in the cabinet. But now that your back you can come join the party," Your mother takes Sam's hand and drags him into the crowd, he mouths 'help' but you only giggle and shake your head. This left just you and your father.

"Does he plan on making you wait forever?" He takes a sip from his glass of red wine.

"Wh-what?" You move a piece of your hair behind your ear, nervously.

"How long have you two been together?"

"Since high school, so um, a couple years?" You gulp, you were now in your 3rd of college with Sam in his 4th, but he hasn't really been in class as often as he should...

"Oh, well, he should hurry up and marry you soon. You know I talked to your sister's boyfriend."

"Oh, Thomas?"

"Yeah, he asked for my blessing the other day. Oh, when was that?" He scratched his head, thinking.

"Did she say yes?" You questioned, Thomas and (sister name) have been dating for a couple of years less than me and Sam, but the two have gotten along so well.

"He hasn't asked yet, but she'll be planning a wedding soon it would seem."

"So my baby sister is going to get married before me?" You frown a bit.

Your father quickly changed the subject, seeing your disappointment. Sam returned with drinks, a sparkly party hat, 2025 sunglasses, and beads around his neck.

"Sorry, your mother snatched me away like a vulture." He joked as your father patted his back and morphed into the crowd of now sweaty-- but still chatty bodies.

"I'm really really sorry I was late, ______." He apologized, handing you a glass.

"It's all right, lets sit down and you could tell me about it." You said in exhaustion.

"Thanks for understanding, you know I love you." He held your waist and kissed your cheek.

"Love you too, buckethead."

*** Time skip, plus more missions to space.***

"You may kiss the bride." The priest announced, closing his book on another successful ceremony in which you had planned as the maid of honor.

(sister name) and Thomas kissed and parted to an adoring and cheering family audience.

You looking towards the seat you had saved for Sam when he "came back from the house after forgetting to close the stove." Thankfully he was there and giving you thumbs up.

During the reception, you sway to the slow song playing, watching couples and the newly weds dance. Sam holds out your had which you elegantly take and hold on to his shoulders.

You rest your chin against his shoulders and just sink into his embrace, he was safe and sound, and with you.

"Where did you visit this time?" You whisper into his ear.

"Nothing special, you know, just crashing Kree motherships, not a big deal." He shrugs, "but I landed on a blue moon, that was pretty exciting." You wished you could join him on his missions, but each time you asked, Sam would shake his head and say that it was too dangerous. That you were too precious and he didn't want anyone or anything to hurt you.

"You planned a beautiful wedding, you know." He said,"want to go outside for a bit? Fresh air?"

You nodded in reply, your sister's wedding was in Hawaii, over looking the coast and beautiful sherbet like sunset.

You held on to the wooden railing and leaned forward as Sam held your waist.

"You know, ______," you jumped off the railing and turned towards him as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, you brushed hair from your face.

"We should get married."