21- It's the Tech (Steve x Reader)

"Awesome." Steve heard your voice and turned back towards Tony's lab. You were trying on one of Tony's Ironman suits glove.

"Alright now try aiming it at that target, but make sure you watch the car," Tony instructed, you lifted your arm towards the target, holding it up with your other hand since the metal was really heavy for you. You squeezed your eyes and took a shot; once the beam was shot you fell back into Tony's chest. The two of you crashed into a lab table.

Steve rushed in to help the two of you. A can from the top of the table falls on your head and the two of you laugh, you had totally missed the target.

"What are the two of you doing?" Steve gives you a hand, which you take with your new and improved metal one.

"_________ wanted to try out part of the suit." Tony shrugs, getting to his feet.

"The technology is dangerous though she could hardly handle the glove, Tony!" Steve scolds; Tony frowns and rolls his eyes.

"She's a big girl, Steve, jeez over protective much?" Tony helps you remove the glove.

"Guys please don't fight!" You cried, breaking them up, "Steve it's okay, I just asked Tony if I could try. I mean you have to admit it was pretty cool!" Tony smirks at what you said, eyeing the flustered faced captain.

Steve Grant Rodgers had the biggest crush on you, and honestly, it made him just a little jealous that you decided to spend your lazy day off with Stark.

"All right, just," Tony lifts an eyebrow as Steve searched for words, "be safe."

"Right." You thanked Tony and left.

"I think she likes me." Tony says proudly as soon as you left. Steve narrows his eyes at his teammate then shuffles out of the lab.

"Really? You aren't going to help me clean up?" Tony calls down the hallway,"y'know maybe she'd like you more if you had my tech."

***

"I think I finally have it down!" You cheered, having cleared three practice robots using both of Stark's gloves.

"Think you're ready for some real combat?" Tony questions, you nodded, but as the two of you started, Steve walked in.

"Oh great, Mr. Party Pooper Pants is here." Tony whined, Steve just glared at him. You quietly admired Steve in his Captain America uniform as he stuck his shield behind him.

"How many times do I have to tell you, it's dangerous." The Captain sighed crossing his arms, you felt lost a bit of confidence.

"Just watch, _________. Can handle it." Tony puts his arm around your shoulders.

"Um, actually Capt's right I probably shouldn't be doing this..." You removd the armor from you arm and held it out to Tony. Tony nods, showing his understanding and takes it.

"Like a said 'Party Pooper.'" Tony frowned under his mask.

***Later tat afternoon***

"Perfect!" Steve had spent the morning devising a plan to ask you out and possibly win your affection. He let his level hurried into the meeting level where many of the Avengers pent their time.

He found you lying on your back, quietly reading a novel on the couch.

"_________!" He exclaimed practically pouncing on the couch. Unprepared, you dropped your hardcover on your face.

"Oops, heh, sorry, ________." Steve lifted the novel off your face. Steve stared at you in concern as you prayed that your blush was unseeable.

"No its all right, you just scared me!" You laughed, "so whats up?"

"I was thinking we could head out for ice cream this afternoon with the weather being nice." Steve offered, you sat up and figured the pages of your book.

"Oh, sorry, I actually hoping to finish this book today. I'm soo close!" Steve's insides dropped but he was still able to hide it.

"It's okay, another time?" You nodded in reply and returned to you book.

In disappointment, Steve left your book, getting into the elevator.

"Did someone just get rejected?" Tony teased poking Steve, as he kept a straight face.

"You did! I'm telling you it the tech! One day of wearing it, she'll be all over you!" Tony explained

***

"Looks like we have some Atlantians again, seriously when are they going to learn that we always win?" Hawkeye complained, clicking in an arrow.

"It's all part of the job Hawkeye." Blackwidow replied taking out an Atlantian solider.

They just need to be put in their place."Hulk grumbles, propelling towards a section and crashing into them like a bowling ball.

"It looks like theirs more than usual though." _______ dodged a strike from one of the swords, ducking low and sweeping it's feet.

"I agree with Lady _______." Thor aimed his hammer at a row, "where is the man of iron and Captain America?"

"I thought they were following us." _______ replied, taking down two Atlantians, "it looks like theirs too many...." ______ backed up against the building wall, cornered.

"Were here! Coming hot." A metal suit lands in front of _______.

"It's not very nice to all team up on a lady." The figure says, shooting a blast of blue.

"Ironman, I totally had them!" _______ exclaimed.

"Oh, sorry, ________." The helmets cover goes up.

"Cap, what are you doing wearing Stark's stuff?" ________ questions.

"Can't talk, ________. Gotta go help the others." Captain America using the jets and zoomed off in another direction.

***

"To Victory!" Thor cheered holding out his cup.

"Victory!" Every one cheered, except ________.

After chatting a bit the team head off to their own courters.

"So, ________ what did you think of Capt's new suit?" Tony asked, offering to refill your glass. Steve was beside him, hoping to get a good answer.

"It's okay, I guess." You shrug, heading towards the elevator. You press the button for your floor, but before the door can close, Steve holds the door.

"Steve!" You widen the door and he enters.

"Sorry. I, um." He hesitates and stands beside you.

"So how was your day?" You ask, awkwardly over the soft tone of the elevator music.

At your level the door opens, you dip your head at Steve in a polite manor.

"Just so you know," you said, turning back to look at him," I like my men in spandex." You winked. As the door closed on a stunned looking Steve.

---------------------

It's actually carbon polymer, but hey, seriously.