16- Meet the Parents: Daddy!Steve x Mommy!Reader

"Careful, Hope!" I caught the vase just before it touched the ground," phew." I relaxed and settled the vase carefully back on to the shelf. The one-year old continued to stomp around the apartment, giggling and clapping her hands.

"Oh dear, your such a handful." I sighed. The door clicks, unlocking on the other side. My husband Steve walks in, a exhausted look crossed his face.

"Daddy!" Hope cried, hands in front of her, fingers reaching for something to grip.

"Hi there, Hope." Steve crouches to her level and takes her into his chest," how's my big girl?" Hope squeezed his nose and giggles as he nuzzles her nose.

"Steve, welcome home!" He rises from his squat and kisses my cheek.

"_______, how was your day?"

"Oh, it was the usual chasing Hope around while doing chores." I shrugged and took our daughter from him," I'm just about to finish dinner, come on! Take a seat." I dragged him towards our dinner table...

***

"... And mom, she totally swiped away my best friend from me! She took her, like the vulture devil she is!" Hope was explaining a friendship problem over dinner. Apparently her best friend Carley was being "stolen" from another girl, making her feel like the third wheel.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry." I held her hand and gave it a squeeze," middle school can be a really difficult time. It's when your still trying to find yourself. Maybe you two just have different interests." Hope frowned at her dinner plate of steak and steamed green beans.

"Hope, friendships don't mean you have to have everything the same. You and Carley could still share same likes but have different passions and still friends. Maybe this is a good time to make new friends." Steve suggested, Hope groaned, "but I don't want new friends, daddy."

"I'm sure there are plenty of people who are friendly and want to be friends with you." Steve explained," who wouldn't love my talented little girl?"

***

I was just about to finish cooking dinner for the family when I heard heels click down the wooden stair case. Hope entered the kitchen, humming a Beyonce song.

"You look pretty for dinner." I say from the stove.

"Thanks, mom." She danced around the kitchen, causing her knee length pink dress to flow around her.

"Dinner will be finished in just a second. Could you set the table, then call your father for me?" I asked, serving the pasta I made onto ivory plates.

"Sure thing." She replied, sending a quick text from her phone and setting it on the counter. She set two place mates in front at the two seats and placed napkins on top.

"Hope, I think your missing one." I held up three dishes.

"Oh, mom, I'm not eating dinner here tonight."

*DING DONG*

"He's here!" Hope exclaimed and rushed towards the door, but her father beat her to the punch. I followed her, curious of who it was.

"Hi Mr. Rogers. I'm Peter Parker." Steve gave the young man at the door a weird look.

"If your selling were not interested. We only buy Girl Scout cookies and Boy Scout popcorn." Steve affirmed, crossing his arms.

"No, dad, this is my boyfriend! I told you guys I would go out with him tonight!" Steve and I exchanged looks, Peter seemed harmless, geeky but charming.

"Hey Hope." Peter waved and she waved back.

"Oh, I'm _______, but you could call me, (nickname)." I shook Peter's hand.

"What are your intentions towards our daughter?" Steve narrowed his eyes, causing Peter to shrink back.

"Daddy! Don't scare him!"

"Honey..." I gave him a stern look and he held up his hand.

"Steve Rogers, Captain America. " Steve gave Peter a strong, firm shake. Emphasizing on the hero part.

"Right, I'll bring her back by 10-"

"9:30, it's her curfew."

"Daddy..." Hope whinnied.

"Not a second later." Steve glared.

"Okay, I'll bring her then, sir." Peter took Hope's hand.

"Love you, hon." I kissed her cheek and whispered into her ear, "if you come back pregnant, I will let your father beat him with his shield." She rolled her eyes like any teenager would.

"Bye daddy." She hugged Steve and thanked him. Them she and Peter headed towards his car.

I sighed and leaned against my husband.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing. It just reminds me of us when we started dating."