23

"Wren, this is Tonowari" my mother said.

My eyes looked up to see the most bluest ones I've ever seen. They were almost as blue as the ocean that ran across our beaches. Tonowari was massive even back then already standing as tall as his father. Broad shoulders, defined muscles and legs built for the sea and land.

I would be lying if I said that off the first initial impression I wasn't completely enamored with him. Even with his cold demeanor, he was so magnetizing. I think I forgot to breathe for a moment.

Back then, Tonowari never braided his hair, he left it in his natural curls. A few ringlets framing his chiseled jawline. I think it was just because he was unwilling to sit still long enough to have it completely done. But one thing Tonowari could never be was messy.

Hair tied into a low bun, on one arm had two golden arm bands one thicker and one slightly thinner on his bicep. The other side he had rings on, they were thin and almost not even noticeable at first glance.

Instead of a loin cloth, fabric draped around each leg and tied to the side but that was probably due to the fact that his legs themself were already wide and any loin cloth would be barely covering him at all.

One striking detail was his chest that was oiled and shiny. He had just received his first tattoo and it went from shoulder blade to shoulder blade.

My mother coughs patting my back and i realized I had been just standing there looking starstruck.

"Oh" I mumble as I bowed to him quickly and in that split second, Tonowari reaches for me. Hands grab onto my shoulders and I look up at him.

Immediately he retracts his touch and coughs, nervously.

"Apologies," Tonowari speaks voice of velvet and sophistication but I wouldn't expect anything less from a man trained from birth to be the next Olo'eyktan. "I thought...you were going to hit the ground, my mistake for touching you informally."

I couldn't even speak. Maybe I was also nervous.

"No it's...you're fine" I stuttered "No I mean, you're great....no I'm sorry, I meant, I..."

I pause trying to collect my thoughts not realizing at this moment he had already stopped listening to me. He was too busy staring at me.

"What she meant to say is, please no need to apologize." My mother interjects

"Yes well," Tonowari starts not even having anything to say "It's a pleasure to..."

He stops speaking again.

"I'm sorry, I just...you're...uh..." he begins again trying to form the correct words.

Tonowari grins for a second and I could've fainted right then and there. The effect he has on women...

I didn't realize how out of character he was that day...but his father did.

From this moment, I never knew Sempul found an even greater gift than just wanting to colonize my clan. He found a way to control Tonowari.

"You like her?" Sempul asks when they are both alone. Tonowari doesn't speak. Eyes pulled away from me as he holds his cold demeanor. "Come now son, I'm only asking...after all we are here to find you a bride."

He looks over at his father who hands him a drink.

"Still don't want to be an Olo'eyktan?" Sempul persuades, circling around his son. He grabs onto Tonowari's shoulders and leans down to his ear. "You want her? I will make it happen....If...."

"If..?" Tonowari asks

"If you decide to become an Olo'eyktan." Sempul entices "The title must stay in our family name."