22

"Wren"

"Ronal"

I bowed smiling when all I wanted to do was choke her. Her eyes look forward not even cracking a smile.

"Do you plan to not show respect?" I say as we both watch the match. Whomever assigned these seats must have been insane...

"You aren't a Tsahik" she reminds me "there is no need to bow"

"I'm your Olo'eyktan wife" I send back turning to face her "I don't need to be a Tsahik"

"Least we know out of the two of us whom cares more for Metikayinan traditions" she says

"Clearly it's me, since I've yet lunged over to strangle you" I responds which earns a laugh from her. She waved her fanned leaf over her skin.

"Be calm Wren, your commoner side is reeking" she sends back. I wanted to rip out her eyes.

"WELL." Gorla greets the both of us which only makes us both groan in distain. If there was anyone that was just as annoying it would be Gorla. "How fortunate to be seated next to you two beautiful women."

"Gorla please" I sent back

The last thing I needed was to be in the middle of my two biggest supporters. On one side is Ronal, whom reminds me at every waking moment that she deserves to be sitting in my seat while on the other side is Gorla who probably prays to the our great mother about my very demise.

"I can't say the same for you Gorla" Ronal throws back "Sometimes I wonder if you make children go blind by your utter repulsiveness"

Although I hate Ronal, I do agree. I may even find it funny that she said that as I accidentally crack a smile and immediately hide it from her, as to not give her the satisfaction.

"Heh, let's not be bitter now Ronal." He chuckles crossing his arms. "It makes you old."

She turns her head at him. Green eyes darting and if they could, they would turn him into a puddle of mud.

"Old? How many crowns have you lived through now Gorla? Six? Seven? Even if you do become Olo'eyktan you would surely die of old age before even your first year"

Gorla pursed his lips into a sly smile.

"At least I am actually in line for the title. You're just desperate for a man who clearly looks at you like meat" Gorla responds. If she was a pot boiling water I could feel the steam coming off of her skin.

"I suggest you close your mouth unless you want me to rip your tongue out" she remarks back crossing her arms.

"How commoner of you Ronal" I threw back

"Royals are speaking Wren. Know your place" she hisses at me

"Ladies please, behave"

"Shut up Gorla" we both growl turning to him

"Oop." He laughs "I see I have gotten under both your scales. What a delight to be sitting next to both of Tonowari's favorite women"

"Excuse me?" I shoot back annoyed

"He didn't tell you?" Gorla replies slyly.

"Tell me what?"

His eyes turn to look at me, gleaming in deceit. But as he opened his mouth to speak, The crowd begins to cheer as we all rise to clap. Tonowari walks out to the arena, smiling and waving.

"My people! Our annual games have started and I'm thrilled to see so many familiar faces." He starts

Gorla tilts his head over to me and I contemplate letting Ronal bite him.