You missed my birthday!

After Roxy headed out the room she headed downstairs and ended up in the kitchen where Esme and Emmett were, they were cooking food for the girls, well Esme was cooking Emmett was... trying to help but it didn't seem like he was doing a great job... it seemed like Rosalie had sent him away whilst she was working on her car and now he had chosen to help his mother, it was no secret that he was a huge mamas boy "hi Roxy!" Emmett says happily waving the knife he was holding in his hand and Roxy laughs "we really need to teach you basic kitchen safety Emmett..." she says and he frowns "why?" He says and she laughs again "nevermind." Esme just stays quiet throughout the conversation and Roxy looks over at her "you really hurt Angel you know... she needed her parents and you both just shut her out." Roxy says looking at the woman who had became a mother to her "I know what we did was... not the right thing to do but... you have to understand that Carlisle felt hurt by Angels decision to just leave and we thought that you would both want some space and peace for yourselves so we decided not to contact you." Esme explained and Roxy nodded "okay. Fair. But when we reached out to both of you and told you where we were or when Angel was having a bad night and needed Carlisle you never answered, you never returned any messages, you treated us as if we had fallen off planet earth... what if god forbid one of us had been killed and we were phoning to tell you and you just ignored it like you had done? Huh? What then?" Roxy asks getting angry and Emmett stopped what he was doing not wanting to hear Roxy say things like that "please don't say stuff like that Roxy." He says and she looks over to see his face covered in fear and she sighs "I'm sorry Emmett I was only making something up for an example." She says and he nods and moves to go round beside her and he puts his arm around her "I just... Angel needed you. Hell I needed you and you both ignored us! So eventually we found a way to adapt, a way that Angels memories would no longer worry her as bad and a way to calm her down... I want to know why you never tried to reach out to us..." Roxy said waiting for Esme to give her an answer and even Emmett looked up waiting for an answer because when him and Rosalie had asked them they never answered them either "we just needed some time... Carlisle needed some time, he felt so distraught that Angel left, he was heartbroken for months and I was just trying to make sure he was alright." Esme says and Roxy scoffs "so you child who had suffered abuse her whole childhood what she was just an afterthought?" Roxy asks her and Esme sighs "look I regret everyday not contacting Angel I really do, I missed both of you more than you'll ever know but I was also trying to make sure Carlisle looked after himself... you know that the two of them have a bond that we could only dream about, things affect the two of them differently and we will never be able to understand them as much as they understand each other... I know it was wrong but it's what I thought was right at the time, can you accept that?" Esme asks and Roxy is silent for a minute before she sighs and nods her head "sure but it's gonna take a lot to make it up to Angel, she needed her parents and you both turned your back on her." Roxy says and Esme looks at her "if my memory serves you both chose to run away." Esme tells Roxy and she nods her head "yes because we weren't going to be separated because yous we're leaving Forks! Your right we did choose to leave because none of yous were helping us at all, Edward snapped his fingers and you all jumped!" Roxy says and Esme sighs and Emmett squeezes Roxy's shoulder to comfort her but before Esme could say anything else they heard Angels voice shouting from upstairs "THEN ACT LIKE IT!!!" And Roxy looked from Emmett to Esme alarmed, Esme stopped her cooking and they all stood in silence for the next few minutes before Esme continued her cooking and Emmett and Roxy stood in silence with Emmett rubbing her arm after he felt her tense hearing Angel shout, the three of them stood there in silence until Angel came down the stairs a few minutes later with red eyes and cheeks, a tell tale indication that she had been crying upstairs whilst talking to Carlisle and she looked over at Esme before she begins rushing over to hug her and Esme quickly dropped what was in her hands to hug the girl back tightly letting a few tears fall as she kissed Angels head a couple of times and then when she pulled back Angel smiled and nodded at Esme before she headed out to the balcony to stand leaning against the railing, Roxy looked up at Emmett and they both nodded at each other and Roxy walked out to the balcony to check on Angel, she wrapped her arms around Angels waist as the girl leaned against the balcony "so... what happened there then?" She asks and Angel sighs "you heard I'm guessing..." she trails off and Roxy nods so Angel lifts her hand up and changes the entire balcony to her room projecting the memory for the two of them but only the two of them.