Welcome To Chicago

The girls had been driving for a few hours, they had stopped at a park to have the sandwiches that Esme made for them, they decided to talk about what they wanted to do when they got to Chicago, they wanted to go to Navy Pier and to the Willis Tower, and if they had the time they wanted to go to the art museum, Angel had been to the art museum before with Edward when he was showing her around Chicago, as that was where he was from, yes it was a bit more modern from when he was there but he always felt a comforting feeling of nostalgia whenever he returned to Chicago. The girls got excited when they could see a city in the distance, they were going to head to the old Cullen house first though and get some rest because it was getting quite late, they were still on the highway and Angel noticed the sign,

Welcome to Chicago
Illinois

She smiled and called back to Roxy "do you see the sign moon? We made it." She heard Roxy cheering before she started laughing, Angel knew where she was going now because she could remember where there home was, it was on the outskirts of Chicago, when they pulled up to the house it was dark outside.

The girls had taken note of a pizza shop number whilst driving past so they could order a pizza, they had to make sure that they paid over the phone as they only had one of Carlisle's many bank cards to pay for their food. Angel and Roxy were cuddled up on the living room couch together, it felt really weird not having all of her family there! They were used to people always in and out and talking and nagging, arguments and debates always ongoing, it was nice for them to get some peace but also so weird as they were now used to other people being around them. They had called the pizza place and placed an order so now they were just waiting for the pizza to arrive. They decided to call home and tell them that they had arrived, "I'm gonna call home and see how everyone is doing." Angel said and Roxy hummed from where her head was buried in Angels neck, Angel dialled the number for the house phone and heard the rings, she knew there was a rule about letting the phone ring a few seconds before answering so it seemed a little bit normal. "Hello Cullen house, Esme speaking." She heard her mother's voice "hi mama." She said whilst smiling and she heard a gasp, it was probably from one of her siblings who recognised her voice, "oh darling! Your both alright!" She heard her mother say and Angel nodded even though Esme couldn't see them, Roxy lifted her head a little bit as to be able to speak into the phone a lot easier. "We're both still alive! Sadly!" She said making Angel laugh and Esme was quick to scold them "don't go around saying things like that girls! Anyway how was the drive up? Quiet? Safe? How's the house? Still in one piece?" She questioned the girls and Angel laughed "yes everything is fine, take a breath mama!" She laughed even more with Roxy now "yes you've got a beautiful home here very cosy and cute." Roxy said, she did quite like the design of the house. "Is papa there?" Angel asked and she heard her mother sigh "he's working at the hospital." The girls were both confused, Carlisle never worked this late "but pops never works this late, how come he is now." Roxy asked and it was silent for a moment before Esme spoke again "well you know your father was going to worry for you so he decided to dive straight into work as to not worry about you two, so he told the hospital that he could do some overnight shifts." Esme explained and Angel frowned, she didn't think Carlisle would be affected that badly, Roxy noticed Angel's expression and hugged her a bit tighter, "will you make sure he hunts properly? And that he's eating enough and everything like that?" Angel asked, Roxy took a moment to think about it, Carlisle had been watching out for Angel for over one hundred years, they had never been separated like this before, she mentally slapped herself for not considering the impact that it would have on Carlisle. "Of course I will, just make sure you call tomorrow around lunchtime and you can talk to your father." Esme said, Angel heard someone say something in the background but she couldn't quite make it out what was said "Emmett wants to know how the bike is?" Esme asked and Roxy laughed "tell Emmett the bikes great, Rosalie did a fantastic job fixing it up." She said and Angel nodded in agreement "I'll pass it on." Esme said and Roxy heard the door knock so she jumped up yelling "PIZZA!" she ran to the door whilst Angel stayed on the phone to her mother, "what's that?" Esme asked with a laugh "oh our pizza delivery is here." Angel said and she heard the door close again and Roxy returned with a pizza box and a huge grin, "sounds good girls, well I won't keep you from having your pizza." Angel heard a gasp and a "TRAITOR!" being shouted in the background "sorry Jazz! But we're hungry and you aren't here!" She said a bit louder so he'd hear it, Jasper made really good food, it was surprising for how old he was, but Angel and Roxy were always excited when he was doing the cooking in the house, she heard him grumble in the background, she looked up to see Roxy eating a slice of pizza, "I'm gonna go mama, because I'm hungry and really tired but I'll call you tomorrow!" She said and heard all her siblings shout goodbye "bye I love you all!" She shouted then they all shouted bye to Roxy "bye guys, love you!" Then Angel hung up and began digging into the pizza.