The Wolf's Angel

Angel looked over and saw Jasper and she knew she was screwed because he could always tell when she was lying. She hated that. Angel could never ever get anything past Jasper or Edward because of their gifts.

"Oh heyyyyy Jazz, how's uhhhh, how's life? Or death I mean, how's death treating ya?" Jasper just glared her down with his arms crossed, he was not messing around, "I'm gon' ask you this, one more time befor' I go 'n get Carlisle, where have ya been sneaking out to?" Angel sighed, she had to think quickly on her feet and she had to do it now without changing her emotions.

"I snuck out because." She took a deep breath and looked towards the floor "I'm not settling in here great and it's just sometimes you guys are so happy and that's great, I'm happy for you guys, you found your mates and yous get to stay together but I don't have mine yet and I have to constantly watch you guys be happy and with the amount of things I feel from everyone else I just need my space sometimes so I'm sorry, okay? Please don't tell Papa." She begged managing to force tears to her eyes. She was silently begging that Jasper believed her or she was so screwed. "Alrigh' I ain' gon' tell Carlisle." Angel exhaled but before she could speak Jasper spoke up "but! If you e'er sneak out again. I will go straigh' to Carlisle. Do you un'erstand me?" She nodded and Jasper smiled, "good now get into bed righ' now, come on." She climbed into bed and Jasper began tucking her into her bed, "go ta sleep princess." He said stroking her hair and sent out waves of calm and Angel fell asleep almost instantly.

The next day in school Angel and Roxy decided to go for a long walk during lunch break to get away from Angel's siblings ears, "okay we need to be more careful about me sneaking out." Angel told Roxy and Roxy looked confused, "uhh why?" Angel sighed "Jasper was waiting for me in my room when I got back and demanded where I was going so I had to come up with something quick or else it could've been bad, he seemed to believe me but I'm not sure so we gotta be careful." Roxy nodded " yeah Sam's been asking me why I'm spending so much time in the forest border and I told him it was so I could get better at telling the difference between your scent and other vamps scent, he just nodded and left me alone for a while. Then I hung out with Leah, she really wants to meet you by the way. She's super cool definitely my favourite of all of Sam's girlfriends and she knows that your a vamp and about your family being vegetarians obviously because Sam and the pack. She was calling you the Wolf's Angel. Get it? Because I'm a wolf and your name is-" Roxy cut herself off as Angel laughed "-never mind. Regardless you should totally come to the Rez soon." Angel nodded and sat down on a bench they had approached on the far side of the football field "I will try at some point everything has just been wild with Edward acting like the child he is, pulling a strop then going to Alaska because he found his blood singer." Roxy looked at Angel shocked at this news "he found his singer?!" She exclaimed "why didn't you tell me?!" Angel looked slightly embarrassed "I thought I did..... oops?" Roxy dramatically dropped back into the bench "honestly you call yourself my best friend." She shook her head as she spoke causing Angel to laugh. Angel pushed Roxy's shoulder playfully and they both laughed.

"Have you found your mate yet?" Roxy asked Angel as she shook her head, "nope, not yet I'm afraid. What about you? Have you ever found your imprint?" Roxy just looked at Angel before clearing her throat "I-I-I actually wanted to talk to you about tha-" she was cut off by Emmett shouting "girls let's go! Places to be!" Both girls jumped in fright and turned to see him at the other side of the football field, "give us a minute will ya?" Angel replied at a normal volume knowing Emmett could hear her as he nodded and turned back to head towards the school. Angel turned back to Roxy "what were we talking about?" Angel asked as they picked up their things, "oh nothing important." Roxy brushed it off and raced ahead of Angel much to her surprise, "woah! Hey! Wait up!" She ran off after Roxy.

They made it back to the school and to their next classes with no issues. When Angel returned home that day a strange feeling was in her chest almost like a dull pain but she decided to ignore it. Rosalie had came and asked her if she wanted to help her work on a car they found at the junkyard and Angel accepted, she loved watching Rosalie working on cars because out of everyone in her family, people would expect Rosalie to be the last one who you would see working on a car but she was so good at it! Angel walked down to the garage with Rosalie after changing into some scrubs to keep her clothes clean.

"So.... Angel," Rosalie called from under a car that they had jacked up, "I was thinking about maybe getting a bike next time to fix up, you want me to teach you how to ride?" She asked whilst screwing different bolts into the cars engine, Angel bounced up, "are you kidding?! Of course I wanna learn how to ride a motorcycle! What type were you gonna pick up?" Angel asked even more intrigued with the idea now, "well last week when I was at the yard, I saw a few cruisers I could pick up and I could teach you how to fix it." Angel nodded and continued to help Rosalie by passing her tools up.

Later that night Angel felt extremely clingy so she curled up in Carlisle's lap with her head against his shoulder as they watched dead poet society, it was one of Angel's favourite movies but it always made her cry, it was her favourite scene in the movie where the boys stood on their desks as Mr.Keating was leaving after being fired and all said "oh captain, my captain." Carlisle couldn't count the amount of times that they had watched this together, it was one of their films that they would only watch with each other, the same as Titanic, My life without me and Schindlers list. Carlisle loved these movie nights they would share when it was just him and his little girl all cuddled up on the sofa watching movies and spending time with each other. He noticed about twenty minutes into My Girl, that Angel was fast asleep on his cold unmoving chest, so he delicately wrapped the blanket around her and carried her up to her room and put her in bed but he noticed a lump in the quilt and pulled out the stuffed wolf plush, he noticed it smelt like the tribe but more specifically Roxy. He knew that he had to talk to her about them eventually but for now he decided to leave her be. He pulled her covers up and brushed the hair out her face and kissed her forehead before placing the plush beside her, and noticing how she subconsciously pulled it towards her, he smiled at that and left the room.

1283 words