1. ℕ𝕠𝕥 𝕒 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕖𝕤

My childhood was not like the fairy tales I read. My life was not as beautiful as others; it was a dark and stormy time, filled with heartbreak and betrayal.

My parents separated, and my dad left my mom for another woman, shattering our family into a million pieces. It wasn't the first time he cheated on her, and my mom was probably tired of it.

I had two siblings, Milla, who was nine at the time, and Joe, who was seven. Mom decided to leave our house, and they chose to stay with Dad, so Mom took me with her.

I think I still remember my brother Joe's scream when Mom and I left our house that night. He seemed to be trying to run towards us but was held back by Dad.

I was only five years old, too young to understand the complexities of adult relationships.

"Where are we going, Mom?" I asked when Mom and I were already in my uncle's car.

"You'll stay with us, and you can play with Naomi," Aunt Mary replied while holding me on her lap and stroking my hair.

During the trip, I saw my mother who kept crying while holding my tiny fingers.

I soon fell asleep on the way to Aunt Mary and Uncle Luke's house.

Mom and I had to rely on the kindness of Aunt Mary and Uncle Luke to temporarily stay at their house.

"Are you okay, Ry?" Mom turned to me as we sat in our new room at Aunt Mary's house.

I looked up at her, trying to be brave.

"I'm fine, Mom, as long as I'm with you."

Mom pulled me into a tight hug, and I could feel her racing heartbeat.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I promise our lives will be good again," she whispered.

I knew it wouldn't be easy for her, but I knew that she would do everything in her power to make it work.

During my stay at their house, I didn't forget to help with the housework. I'm only five years old, but for my size, you could say I look like a seven-year-old, maybe because my father is tall and big, so I inherited his genes, unlike my mother who is short and skinny.

Mom was looking for a job so we could survive and find a new place to live for both of us.

After almost half a year of living at my aunt and uncle's house, we both moved into a very small tenement. We didn't want to burden their family, and although they were happy to help and accommodate us, we also knew that they were in a difficult situation at the time.

Every day I saw my mother working hard and struggling to make ends meet. I felt sorry for her and prayed every night that I could help and make her happy one day.

One day, when I was a teenager, I heard my mother talking on the phone.

"I feel like I'm failing to be a good mom to Riley because I haven't been able to give her a proper place to live. I don't know if I can do this all by myself," Mom said. "I wish I could give Riley a better life."

My heart ached to hear that, so I decided to find a way to help Mom. I started working part-time after school and saved every penny I earned.

I also studied hard and got good grades, hoping to get a college scholarship.

When I turned 18, I surprised my mom with a gift.

"Mom, I know you have struggled hard to provide for us. I want to help you," I said as I handed her an envelope.

Mom grabbed it and opened it with a confused look on her face.

"I hope this is enough for us to move to a better place, Mom. I've saved up quite a lot, hopefully, this will be enough to pay our rent. And I was also accepted into college with a full scholarship. I think we can have a better life now, Mom."

My mother was speechless. Tears streamed down her face as she hugged me tightly.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me, Riley. I'm so proud of you."

We moved into a small apartment, with two bedrooms and a living room and kitchen, not huge but perfectly adequate for the two of us.

Mom and Aunt Mary made our little house so cozy, beautiful, and warm. Naomi and I put my clothes in the closet.

After our new home was settled, Aunt Mary, Uncle Luke, and my cousin Naomi said goodbye to me and my mom.

"Thank you for everything, Aunt Mary and Uncle Luke. Thank you for helping us move," I said.

Uncle Luke hugged me and said, "You're welcome, dear. You should know that you're not alone. We will always be there for you and your mom. You are part of our family. Come to our house anytime," I nodded.

"Don't forget to always call me, Ry," Naomi said, coming up to me with a sad expression.

Then, we all hugged each other. It was an emotional moment, and I felt grateful to have them in my life.

I felt relieved that a burden had been lifted, but I was also unsure of what the future held. Nonetheless, I hope my mom and I can get through whatever challenges come our way.

 Nonetheless, I hope my mom and I can get through whatever challenges come our way

Hey everyone! Thank you for giving this story a chance. You have no idea how much it means to me. I hope you will love to read this story.

So, what do you think about the first chapter? Do you guys like it?

Please.. please.. vote, comment, and share. So, it will reach more readers ✌🏻and makes me even more motivated to be able to write again.

Once again thank you guys !!!

🩷SJ