chapter thirty six

Start from the beginning

It was then that Naia noticed Master Pakku standing with a smile. She immediately walked over to him and bowed. "Master Pakku!" She said cheerfully.

"It's respectful to how to an old master, but how about a hug for an elder in your tribe?" Master Pakku asked. Naia smiled and gave him a quick hug. It felt refreshing to see someone else from the Northern Water Tribe.

"And how about a hug for your new grandfather?" Master Pakku smiled at Katara and Sokka.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a familiar face with dark colored hair and piercing green eyes. He was sporting Earth Kingdom clothing. On his face was a large smile. Hiroshi. Naia ran over to him and gave him a hug.

"Hey, Princess Naia," He said before pulling away.

"Hiroshi! What are you doing here?" Naia asked. Out of her peripheral vision she saw Master Jun approach. She bowed to him. "Master Jun, it's so good to see you," Naia smiled.

"You didn't forget about me, did you?" Master Jun joked.

"Of course not," Naia said.

"How do you all know each other?" Katara asked.

"You didn't know? All old people know each other," King Bumi joked.

"We are all members of a group that transcends the divisions of the four nations," Master Piandao answered.

"The order of the white lotus," Zuko answered.

It suddenly hit Naia. The white lotus tile Master Jun gifted her. She rustled through the pockets of her water tribe clothing and pulled it out. She ran her hands over it. Suddenly, the Pai Sho tile had a lot more meaning than it did three seconds ago.

"Now you know why I gave you that Pai Sho tile," Master Jun said with a smile.

"I'm a member of the White Lotus?" Naia asked.

Master Jun nodded at her. "You sure are."

"That must mean Sokka is too," Naia inquired. "He received a white lotus tile from Master Piandao."

"The White Lotus has always been about philosophy and truth. About a month ago, we got an urgent call that said we were needed for something important," Jeong Jeong said.

"It came from our Grand Lotus, your uncle," Master Pakku looked towards Zuko.

Toph beamed. "That's who we're looking for!"

"We will take you to him," Master Piandao said.

The group led them back to their campsite. "Here we are! Welcome to old people camp," Bumi said.

Naia turned to Sokka. "He's kind of funny."

The next morning, everyone reconvened for breakfast. Sokka and Naia sat together, but Naia saw someone come into their peripheral vision. "Mind if I sit here?" She heard him say.

"Not at all," Naia said. Hiroshi sat on the other side of Sokka. "Hiroshi, you remember Sokka, my boyfriend."

"Of course," Hiroshi said. "It's good to see you again."

Naia could tell Sokka was tense, so she tucked a piece of his hair behind his ear. Sokka relaxed under her touch. It looked like Zuko and his uncle made up, which made Naia very happy. Iroh explained that he could not fight Firelord Ozai, since it would look like a power struggle. Brother vs brother to grab power. He said that Aang would need to beat the Firelord and that after the war was over, Zuko would take Ozai's place as Firelord.