"Oops, gotta go" I muttered, backing away cautiously.

"Alright demigods!" Chiron bellowed, "The lists for teams if you haven't already checked," he paused, waiting for all attention to fall on him, "POSEIDON, TYCHE, HERMES, APHRODITE,  HEBE, HEPHAESTUS, AND APOLLO WILL BE THE RED TEAM."

Cheer sounded around me as people figured out Percy was on their team, is he a good fighter? I would guess so right?

"ALRIGHT, AND THE BLUE TEAM WILL BE, ATHENA, DEMETER, HECATE, NIKE, IRSIS, ARES, AND DIONYSUS!"

More cheers and an occasionally "We got Annabeth" mocking. Was Annabeth the blonde from earlier? I couldn't remember any more, Connor had called her name but-

"Settle down!" Chiron called. "Alright, let's take our places."

————

I wove my way through the crowd until I found Percy discussing with our teammates

"Alright then Percy, that leaves you to get the, flag," Kayla, daughter of Apollo, stated, pointing out each area of attack on a whiteboard.

"Okay, Kayla, whatever you say, you know strategy isn't exactly my strong suit, so I'm following you here." Percy replied, nodding his head.

She nodded her head in agreement. "Alright, Percy, one more thing."

Percy nodded in a go-on way. "We've got this game in the bag, the only thing, is, we'll, Annabeth"

"I can handle her" Percy muttered, in a proving a point kind of way.  "Can you though?" Kayla questioned, a smirk plastered across her face.

"Of course I can, best swordsman in three hundred years, remember?" he grinned mischievously, pressing his fists together.

"Demigods begin!" Chiron bellowed loudly, from somewhere inside the forest.

I was on defense, so as battle cries were called, I sank back into the forest, stationing myself about 20 yards away from the flag, which was cautiously hidden in a tree high above.

It was a few minutes, before suddenly someone burst through the trees. Breathing hard I saw the face of Malcom pace, head of the Athena cabin.

He inched toward me, and I stood in a ready battle position, finally he thrust his blade forward.  I ducked and parried. Weaving in and out, dodging, and counter attacking until, finally i brought him down. "What the heck" He gasped, before falling backwards.

A grey hue began to surrounded me.

That was, before, I tripped, and landed with my foot in his face knocking him out cold. All of a sudden a gentle moan was let out to the left of me, I stumbled through the bushes and trees to find myself  about ten feet away from a very heated battle.

Percy and annabeth were fighting, and fighting hard. Compared to the battle I had just previously won, well to put it simply, it made me and Malcom, look like toddlers throwing fists at each other.

Annabeth had struck Percy in the back, which seemed to be the cause of the noise, which o had heard.It was beautiful. I mean obviously I was voting for Percy, but still, annabeth's skill was undeniable.

They were extremely evenly matched, then out of the blue, annabeth stumbled, and pulling Percy down with her. They fell hard on top of each other.