Why Doesn't She Like Me? | Febuwhump Day 21

Start from the beginning

Then, calculating how long it would take her to get to the exit, Ahsoka began pretending to dance. As she did so, the pirates cheered, and she began wiggling her thin wrists from the ties binding them together. Once her hands were a bit looser, she kicked high, clocking a large man upside the jaw and he tumbled backward.

"Oops," Ahsoka said as she did it twice more to different pirates, "I'm so clumsy these days."

And then she threw herself over the pirates, knocking several out in the process, and made a break for the door. She whipped her arms free and commed Anakin. As she dashed away, she heard Hondo, who she'd kicked to the floor, whine, "I don't get it. Why doesn't she like me?"

2.

"You're a kriffing idiot, Hondo," Ahsoka said, trying desperately to fight her way out of the net he'd caught her in.

"Such strong words, Tano," Hondo tutted.

"You have no backup."

"Yes, it's unfortunate that all my men were killed," Hondo said, but quickly finished, "but I can be very effective on my own as well!"

Ahsoka rolled her eyes. Her fingers found the edge of the net and she began tying to thin and unwind it. "You don't stand a chance and you know it."

"I think I do have a chance," Hondo said. Ahsoka ripped the plies of rope that she'd thinned out enough to break.

"Not now." She threw off the net and sprang to her feet, whirling her lightsabers from her belt and flaunting them to intimidate Hondo.

She made a quick glance back to see the entrance of the cave in which he'd cornered her. Ahsoka could fight Hondo, capture him, and bring him down, or she could run and help her Master and the troopers finish the battle.

Ahsoka shoved her lightsabers back on her belt and dashed to the entrance of the cave.

"Running, Jedi?" Hondo called after her, shooting a stun in her direction. Ahsoka snapped out her shoto and deflected the stun blast, then shoved him against the rocky wall hard. He thudded to the ground, groaning.

And then he watched her leave, whining to no one in particular, "I don't get it. Why doesn't she like me?"

3.

The events leading up to Ahsoka's capture were foggy, but she felt very dirty at the remembrance of how many pirate hands had clamped her down.

Now, she sat upright in a containment field, having every ounce of energy drained from her. Everything ached as the field strained her core. Her breaths came unevenly and felt like fire down her throat.

"If you had half a brain cell, you would let me go," Ahsoka hissed, more from pain than intimidation, but Hondo didn't have to know that.

Hondo, however, for all his pirate-ness, wasn't always as dumb as he appeared. He tutted at her. "The good thing is, Tano, that I have several brain cells. And those brain cells all tell me that it would not be wise to let you go. I'll be rich, selling a Jedi!"

"You know how this always goes," Ahsoka said, rolling her eyes and forcing her voice to sound much brighter than she felt.

"But this time I have you in something you can't get out of," Hondo said.

"You forget that Anakin Skywalker is my master," Ahsoka said. "He'll kill you if you hand me off to some dirty slavers or whatever you're planning this time."