Chapter Five

Decius POV

He drowns people in this one guys, with telekinesis. It's not graphic, but it does happen

(I am ignoring some of the rules of telekinesis, because things get weird in Thedas)
Telekinesis - Concentration up to 10 minutes: You gain the ability to move or manipulate creatures or objects by thought. You can exert your will on one creature or object that you can see within 60 feet. You can move a creature up to 30 feet in any direction, including upward but not beyond the range of this spell. Until the end of your next turn (6 seconds), the creature is restrained in your telekinetic grip. A creature lifted upward is suspended in mid-air.

All things considered, it was a short trip down to the Basin. Somewhat full of peril, but who doesn't like a bit of danger? The harts. The harts don't like the threat of mountainous death. The nuggalope seemed to do just fine though. Skywatcher, Amund, had all the fun seeing us struggle. He's so tall, I don't know if a hart could carry him the whole way .

As sure-footed as people claim deer to be, whatever a nug is, it seems to travel mountains better.

The scouts who left the day before us were quick to set up camp and survey the area. Our friends quickly disperse to find some food while Lu and I talk with the professor.

"Inquisitors. it's good to see you got here safely." Harding motions to the man at her side, "this is Professor Bram Henric."

He steps forward and makes a brief bow. "A pleasure, your Worships."

"Professor Kenric teaches at the University of Olais."

"Yes! While on an exchange program from Starkhaven, I found something amazing! After 800 years, We may be able to find the final resting place of the last Inquisitor."

I look at Lu. I really don't want to be here. She responds without hesitating, "we would be very interested in this information as well. Inquisitor Ameridan was a dragon hunter, wasn't he?"

"Yes! You've read Letrec's Precursors to the Chantry ?"

"We probably have. And I have no doubt that we will find something amazing. If I'm not mistaken, he is said to have stepped down before the Seekers were brought into the Chantry. Our jobs sound very similar. Apostates, dragons, demons. Every dangerous thing Thedas has to offer, really. Now, how can we best help you work towards your goal?"

"Ah, right. Your scouts have gathered some artifacts from the area. They might help."

Harding raises her hand slightly, "I have some news as well. There are hostile Avvar to the north, the Jaws of Hakkon. There are more to the east, they seem friendly."

"And the hostile Avvar?"

"They attack any member at the Inquisition or researcher who gets too close. We've sent for soldiers. Be careful. The Hakkonites are cunning, merciless, and know the land for better than us, we might not be able to hold out long."

"We'll try to make sure you don't have to. Good job finding those artifacts. Pass our appreciation on to the scouts?"

"Will do, your Worship. Lord Inquisitor." She bows before walking off.

"What have they found?"

We follow Kenric to a small hut. "Nothing magical, only metal and stone. There have been some complications with things the Avvar left behind, and the pieces from Tevinter. But there was some period-specific buckling that proved helpful."

"Great. Tevinter." She looks out the door. "Forgot to bring Dorian, oops. Anyways. What have the buckles said?"

"There was some battle on the shore to the south. There's an island nearby but the Avvar won't say much. There's a small fishing village nearby."

"Marvelous. We'll start there. Stay safe."

"You too."

~

It's only a small hassle to get to the fishing village. I'm not sure what qualifies as a village to Kenric, but this, this isn't even a hamlet. There are maybe three houses here.

"—bathe the blades of the Jaws of Hakkon! Death to the lowlanders! Glory to Hakkon!"

I am so tired. "I am so fucking tired!" Casting Telekinesis on everyone who is currently attempting to kill us, I lift them all into the air. Where they stay immobile. Lu nods in agreement, and goes with Amund to talk to the friendly Avvar. Everyone else is staring at me.

"Seeker, perhaps you should join the others?" Solas studies the bodies in the air. "Gaildahlas, they seem to be floating higher."

"Your point? I can always drop them."

Cole pops into existence. Into sight. "He isn't very happy, we haven't even done anything yet and there's still so much to do."

Solas nods, "thank you, Cole. Dropping them isn't necessary."

"Not yet. I've got about seven minutes left." And they can all die. Join Anubis in the Duat. Get eaten and eternally suffer.

"I'm sure you could hold it longer, if you wished."

"I kind of wish to drop them. I think it might make me happy... No one else would be though. I think I should go do some things on my own. If I'm needed, I'll know." I look up at the bodies in the sky, and down at the water. "I won't drop them. Technically. Cole, you may want to make yourself scarce for a few minutes. No helping the Hakkonites." I make them drift over the water and submerge them into it. They should be dead by the time the spell wears off.

Solas is frowning slightly.

I rub my hands roughly down my face. "There aren't any body parts strewn about this way. The water won't get bloody, not that people can drink salt water anyways. Why are we frowning?"

"It's not what I expected."

"I suppose I could have held them still while I slit their throats, if that sounds any better. They are already drowning, though. No point in pulling them back out." We stand there, silently listening to the nearby conversation. "They're probably already unconscious."

"That doesn't make me feel any better."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know it would make you uncomfortable. I often forget that these things do."

We stare and the waves until Cassandra comes back, "We need to go speak with the Thane, you should—" she looks up at the, now missing, Hakkonites, "—where did they go?"

"They went away. No need to worry. Besides, the spell's ended anyways. I couldn't have brought them to where you're going. I do need to talk to my fellow Inquisitor real fast, though."

I find her waiting with a knowing look. "How would you feel if I asked you to collect some shards and unlock some astrariums? Free the bear while you're out? Set up a tree camp?"

"I hate that camp. Love the bear. Storvacker. But I would absolutely love that. I need to get away from everyone or I will yell."

"Yeah. I'll see you later. We'll probably do the arena tomorrow."

"That sounds great. I'll prepare to be unhinged."

"I wouldn't have it any other way, schatz."