Chapter Four

Plot holes where?

Dimension Door - You teleport yourself from your current location to any other spot within 500 feet; can bring up to one willing creature of a similar size or smaller than yourself that is within 5 feet of you when you cast the spell

When I come back to my rooms, Solas and Decius are sleeping in front of the fire. It's cold in the room, I understand why. They left the windows open. All of them. At least it doesn't smell. I close the windows and take off my jacket. Solas makes an inquisitive sound.

"Go back to sleep, 'ma'lath."

"Come sleep."

"That never ends well. I don't like the Fade. You two have fun. Decius looks very pale next to you."

"Please? We're cold."

I laugh, moving to get under the blanket, "well, if you're cold, I guess I have to join you. This is a beautiful blanket, where'd it come from?" It's soft, too.

"It's mine. It's old."

I stop moving, are you serious? "This is from Elvhenan?"

"Yes. I found it recently, in the depths of the castle. I figured it would be safe here. There used to be a plant that, when spun, appeared naturally like this. It was entirely dependent on the presence of the Fade, however."

"Wow. It's very nice. Thank you. Now, go back to sleep." I press my cheek to the top of Solas' head before settling down to listen to their collective breathing.

~

Morning came too soon, Dec had slept well. As we were finishing a delicious breakfast; meat, fruit, breads however, Josephine walked over to us.

"Inquisitors, before you go, we have a few people who await judgement."

I look at Decius very intensely before answering Josephine, "alright. Go ahead and get them ready." Everything will be fine.

After she walks away, to arrange the morning with Cullen, Dec leans forward, "Lu, I can't."

I smile at him, "did I ask you to? I want you and Solas to pack our things and ready the mounts. I can handle this without you. Ask Cole if he wants one, I guess? Otherwise we need 5. Can I trust you two to behave?"

Decius smiles, it's a bit too mischievous for comfort. Solas huffs and says, "thank you, vhenan. We'll be fine."

I stand, "good. I'll see you soon." I point a finger at Decius, "nas'falon, behave. I don't think Blackwall will be very appreciative if you smash in the stables."

I watch them dissolve into shadows as I sit on the throne. And I wait. I'm not very happy.