Chapter I

Most of the Continent of Anima was a series of jungles and forests, outside of the north-side of the continent, which was covered in snow.

The manta was flying over one of the many jungles of the continent, not too far from the Kingdom of Mistral.

From the inside of the Atlesian aerial vehicle, Winter Schnee ran the facts through her mind as she stared down at the green of the trees whizzing by. The vehicle she was riding in was both a gunship and a transport ship. It was named after its shape, which resembled the sea-animals that lived in the ocean.

Winter was a tall and fair-skinned young woman with slate-blue eyes, black eyebrows, and long white hair. The latter of which tied back in a bun that was high on the left side of the back of her head, along with bangs along right side of her face and a small, curled lock of hair down the left just above her shoulder.

Her outfit consisted of a white long-sleeved coat with a single dark blue clasp around the center waist holding it shut alongside a red jeweled brooch on the collar. The coat's length ran down to her ankles and the sleeves were split from shoulder to elbow. She wore a white pleated sleeveless blouse with a dark blue waistcoat. She wore a pair of white trousers with dark blue garters alongside a pair of gray thigh boots with black detailing around the knees. She also wore a pair of black forearm length gloves with gray trimmed cuffs.

In her hand, the Atlas Specialist held a long, silver sword, and was working to clean the blade, paying little attention to the other five people in the manta along with her. Joining her on her quest to the Atlesian SOCCENT airbase was the Ace Operatives, an elite group of Huntsmen and Huntresses from Atlas Academy, the most prestigious academy in Atlas for just that sort of career.

Seated to the right of Winter was Clover Ebi, the leader of the Ace-Ops. Clover was a man with short brown hair and teal-green eyes. He wore a sleeveless Atlesian Specialist uniform that consisted of a white sleeveless double-breasted coat with red and blue accents with ornate detailing shaped to the form of wishbones, broad tail with red lining and a four-leaf clover pin on the lapel. His belt had a rabbit's foot keychain hanging off it. Clover also wore white pants and covered his hands with brown fingerless gloves. He also wore blue calf high boots with four dark blue straps and silver steel toe plating.

Next to him was Marrow Amin, a young male faunus with long greenish-black hair tied in a bun and blue eyes. Faunus was a species of human that existed on Remnant that possessed some form of animal trait. Marrow's trait was a dark gray canine tail. Marrow wore an Atlesian Specialist uniform that consists of a white double-breasted coat with silver buttons, dark blue accents, collar, shoulder flaps with matching cuffs that have two silver buttons. The coat's tail split, allowing Marrow's tail to move freely. He had a dark blue belt with a silver buckle around his waist with a dark blue pouch on the right side. He had a red ascot tied around his neck. Marrow wore a red shirt under his coat. He wore dark blue trousers tucked into his black knee-high boots.

Sitting directly across from Winter was Vine Zeki, a tall man with short shaved gray hair, deathly pale skin, and light blue eyes. He had several tattoos, including a third eye tattoo along the center of his forehead and chin. He wore an Atlesian Specialist uniform that consisted of a white double-breasted, partially unbuttoned coat with a broad tail, navy blue accents, collar and shoulder flaps, a red sash running diagonally over his left shoulder meeting a second red sash around his waist under a large blue belt, and navy-blue fingerless gloves that went up to his brachium. He wore navy blue pants tucked into a pair of navy-blue thigh-high boots with steel toe and heel plating, a small pouch on the sides and kneepad detailing. He wore beaded necklaces around his neck and beaded bracelets around his right arm alongside two silver bands, one small, one large on his left forearm.