Shower

"How ba-a-a-a-d can I be? I'm just doing what comes naturally. How ba-a-a-a-d can I be? How bad can I possibly be?" I sang as I made blueberry pancakes.

"Are you singing the song from the Lorax?" Lizzie laughed from the doorway.

"It's a banging song," I argued.

"I never said it wasn't," she smirked, sitting down on one of the stools.

"Excited for today?" I asked.

Today is the baby shower, everyone knows we're having a girl, but we wanted to do a little party to celebrate the fact she will be here in around 3 and a half months. We had a small array of people coming over. Scarlet, the twins, Jarnie, Lizzie's half-siblings, Rachel and Elsie, Jess and Cory and our next-door neighbours who somehow found out we were having a party and invited themselves. I don't even know their names we just call them the neighbours.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, I feel a bit weird today," she said honestly.

I furrowed my brows and gave her my full attention, "what up darling?"

"I don't know, I- I just don't right," she said, her eyes becoming glossy.

"Oh baby don't cry," I said softly, walking around the kitchen island to bring her into a tight hug.

As soon as she was in my arms she just broke down, sobbing and holding onto me tightly. I ran my hand through her hair and let her cry, trying to think of a possible reason as to why she was having a meltdown the day of our baby shower.

"Lizzie what's wrong?" I asked softly, trying to pull away.

She shook her head and held onto my waist, "don't let go yet," she whispered.

I nodded my head and held her until she calmed down and pulled away on her own.

"Talk to me," I whispered, kneeling down on the floor in front of her so she would look at me.

"I don't know," she said again, "something doesn't feel right."

"In your mind or with the baby?" I asked, trying to understand what she was saying.

"I don't- I don't know, I'm really scared Y/N. I don't know what's wrong but there is something wrong, I can feel it in here," she said, holding her hand up to her chest.

"Okay, it's okay, we'll figure it out together, okay?"

She nodded slowly and sniffled, "can we go to the hospital please, I just want to be sure she's okay."

"Of course, let me grab my stuff and we'll leave in a minute."

"I'm going to go to the toilet," she whispered, standing up and going upstairs slowly.

I took a deep breath and turned off the oven, grabbed the car keys and put on some shoes. I was still in my pjs, but I didn't really care. I just wanted to make sure-"

"Y/N!" Lizzie shouted.

I dropped the bag and ran upstairs to the bathroom.

"Y/N!" she shouted again, a quiver in her voice.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I- I'm bleeding- Y/N I'm bleeding," she said shakily, looking down to the bloody tissue in her hand.

"Fuck."

"Y/N- I-"

"It's okay, it- it's okay we um- we'll go to the hospital and- it's all okay, it's going to be okay," I said, helping her off the toilet.