Five AM

"Lizzie?" I spoke into the darkness of my bedroom.

She hummed in response, moving her head from my chest to look at me.

"Can I ask you something?" I replied.

"What's up?"

"How come we never spend time at your house?" I said, the room still dark and the silence of her delayed response making the air even thicker.

She moved her body off me and leaned over to turn the lamp on.

"I just really like being here, it's so close to everything and my sisters are just around the corner," she replied, placing her head back on my chest.

I ran my hand up and down her spine as she pulled herself closer to me, "can we do dinner at yours this week?" I asked her.

"Why don't we go out for dinner instead?" she suggested.

"Because I would like to see where you live when you're not here," I said back bluntly.

"Y/N I don't-"

"What? Lizzie, I want to know you more, why won't you let me?"

She now lifted herself off my chest to meet my eyes, "it's not that Y/N," she responded, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Then what is it? Please enlighten me," I snapped back now annoyed at how she was avoiding the question, "why can I not come round your house Elizabeth?"

"It's not you. Something happened there recently and I just hate being there. That's why I was staying with my sisters," Lizzie responded with her eyes shut like she was scared of my response.

"What happened?" I asked, lowing my tone to match hers.

"I- Its-" she began, her eyes becoming glossy.

I pulled her back into my chest, "hey it's okay, you don't have to talk about it," I said, her tears creating a puddle on my chest, "I'm sorry I pushed it, I just had this crazy theory that you had a secret boyfriend you were hiding from me," I spoke, stifling a laugh from Lizzie as she sat up and wiped the tears from her cheeks, "so no secret boyfriend?" I said laughing.

"You're it for me Y/N," Lizzie spoke before kissing my lips gently.

"I love you Elizabeth," I said without a second thought.

Lizzie stopped kissing me and looked into my eyes.

"You don't have to say it back but I just wanted-"

I was cut off by Lizzie's lips back on mine giving me a sweet loving kiss, "I love you too Y/N."

I smiled studly large before kissing her lips again. We kissed until both of our breaths deepened and sleep had succumbed to both of us.

___

I woke up to the sound of a fist banging on my front door, I turned to look at the clock which told me it was 5 am. Who is banging on my door at 5 am on a Tuesday morning? The only people it could be were Scarlet or Lizzie and Lizzie was still asleep next to me so I got out of bed slowly to try not to wake up Lizzie but failed.

"Y/N where are you going?" Lizzie said in a groggy voice.

"There's someone at the door," I replied, pulling on a t-shirt, "stay here please, if it's not Scarlet don't come out."

I kissed her head and started my walk towards the front door, picking up a baseball bat from the cupboard as I did so. Taking a deep breath, I looked through the keyhole to see a male figure standing on the other side.