Christmas Day pt.1

I woke up to kisses being planted all over my face and the weight of Lizzie on my waist, her hands on my stomach. I fluttered my eyes open with a smile to see she was already wide awake and had been for a while.

"Merry Christmas darling," she whispered with a smile before leaning down to give me a kiss.

I smiled against her lips, "Merry Christmas my love."

She sat up and looked at me, brushing her hair behind her ear, "So I'll pick your grandma up at 12 and then MK and Ash will meet us at Mum's where you get the joy of meeting the rest of my family," Lizzie spoke, placing her hands on my stomach under my t-shirt with a big smile on her face.

God, I loved her smile, just watching her smile made me smile. When she was really happy or excited about something, her nose scrunched, and her small dimples appeared.

"What?" She laughed out of confusion.

I shook my head and smiled, "Nothing, I was just smiling at how happy and excited you are. When you're really happy or excited about something, your nose scrunches and there are small dimples that appear here and here," I replied, placing my hands on her cheeks to point out her dimples.

"Mhm, you're a real romantic Y/N," she whispered, leaning down to kiss my lips lovingly, "what would you like for Christmas day breakfast?"

"Can we make waffles together please," I smiled.

She nodded her head and climbed off me, her t-shirt hanging down by the middle of her thighs. I followed suit and pulled my hair into a messy bun as I walked into the kitchen.

"Alexa play Last Christmas by Wham," I said as I opened the fridge to pull out a few eggs and the milk.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

Lizzie pointed at me as she sang the lyrics while I was cracking the eggs into the bowl.

Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance, but you still catch my eye
Tell me baby, do you recognize me?
Well, it's been a year, it doesn't surprise me.

I smiled at watching Lizzie dance around the kitchen, passing me ingredients as she did so.

"Can you pass me the whisk please baby," I asked with a sweet smile.

Happy Christmas, I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying "I love you", I meant it
Now I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now, I know you'd fool me again.

She put the whisk in my hand and kissed my lips slowly, pulling away to sing the next chorus.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

"That's you," she said pointing at me quickly before beginning to sing the rest of the song.

I finished making the batter and whisked in all the ingredients before pouring it into the waffle machine and turning it on.

"What's your favourite Christmas song?" She asked, sitting on the kitchen side.

"Mhm probably Fairy Tale of New York, me and Dad used to sing it every Christmas morning when I was growing up," I smiled, recalling all of the happy Christmas mornings I spent with Dad.

"Alexa play Fairy Tale of New York by The Pogue's," Lizzie said smiling at me.

It was Christmas Eve babe
In the drunk tank
An old man said to me, won't see another one
And then he sang a song
The Rare Old Mountain Dew
I turned my face away
And dreamed about you.