Episode 11: The Masked Swordsman, Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Unidentified Falling Object, on the outskirts of the town!" He shouted back, "If it's a hostile, then-"

"Yeah, yeah, we all get it." Sailor Dee called back from the front, "We spotted it from the castle a few minutes ago."

That didn't seem right to Bandana Dee, how did they get all the way here in a few minutes? He would've asked about it, but he decided to deal with the object first. 

=====

It had been so long since he had touched grass. (Like the people who draw Tiff feet pics.)

Meta Knight looked around the strange, peaceful environment. He was so used to war zones and half-destroyed planets, that he half expected the ground to swallow him up and absorb him. Hopefully, there was nothing like that on this planet.

He saw a wooden sign in the distance, "Welcome to Waddle Dee Town" he read it out loud, not believing what he was seeing. According to the species records at Star Warrior HQ, waddle dees were barely sentient, primitive creatures. A civilization of them should've flopped immediately. Just then, he heard footsteps coming from over the hill.

A waddle dee, wearing some sort of sailor's cap, was the first to come over. Then, a second one that he couldn't get a good look at hid behind a tree. The lingering curiosity was replaced with a bit of fear, seeing a ball-shaped cyclops come third. Finally, another waddle dee, this one with a bandana, nearly tripped over himself coming in last. 

"Greetings!" Meta Knight said, enunciating so that their tiny minds could understand him, "I am a Star Warrior! Have you seen a smaller me?"

The Waddle Dee with a bandana leaned over to his companions, "This guy is weird, what should we do?"

That threw Meta Knight for a loop. This Waddle Dee could talk! That would explain how they set up a working civilization. Those records must've been really old. "Excuse my improper greeting," He said, bowing, "My name is Meta Knight, and I am here to collect my new protégé. Have you seen them?"

The one with the blue bandana spoke up, "Oh, I can show you they way if you want! It's just-" 

The one with the white cap intruded on the conversation, "But first, I overheard our king saying that he was waiting for a Star Warrior!" This Waddle Dee seemed to be female, "Let's go there, first!"

"Oh, great." Meta Knight grumbled. He had been all over the tri-galactic system. A vast, vast majority of monarchs turned out to be total jerks (his language is too sour for this book). He reluctantly agreed, preparing for the worst.

=====

Kirby and Tiff had just began to try a puzzle when a loud knock came on the door. Tiff got up to answer, only to see a member of the Royal Guard enter the house.

"Blade Knight?" She was shocked. If a member of the Royal Guard needed Kirby, why send Blade Knight, specifically? "What's wrong?" Tiff was a bit worried. 

"He's here... He's here!" The knight shuddered, falling on the ground. 

Tiff didn't really like how cryptic he was being. She helped him onto Kirby's bed and asked, "Who's here?"

"M-Meta Knight, the Star Warrior General!" After he stuttered that out, he grabbed Kirby's pillow, shivering and crying. Tiff and Kirby didn't really understand why he was making such a big deal about this, and Blade Knight didn't really object when the two of them left him alone.

After they shut the door, they decided that they should check out this "Meta Knight" and see just what was so bad about him.

=====