38.

- cinira 'nyiah' brooks' pov | chapter thirty-eight (38)
- november 11th 2022 | lil peep - october

as soon as the clock that's sitting above the refrigerator goes from 5:59 to 6:00, knocking can be heard coming from the front door. breathing in a lil air, i run both of my hands down both sides of my ginger colored wig, a last attempt at trying to make myself look good as possible.

i pause when my hands trail down to the ends of the hair that ain't really mine for real, when the knocking stops.

but then there's another knock and i start walking into living room, not giving the dining room a second look.

when i reach the door, i unlock the knob's locker, and pull it open. aaliyah's standing on my doorstep. she waves, "hi"

i wave back a lil, "..hey,"

the smile never leaves her face. all of a sudden she holds out her left hand. i glance down at it and notice the the bouquet of flowers held in them. "these are for you."

i turn my face up at them. "flowers?" i look back up at her. "why you get me flowers for? i didn't ask for these."

"oh, well, yeah i know, but these are like.. sunflowers." she tells me. "um, recently i read a book where the author said something about how sunflowers are considered 'happy' flowers and they're known to boost moods so i thought you would like them and maybe they would make you feel better if you had a bad day or something.."

oh..

she goes quiet for a second. "but if you don't want them, it's fine. not everyone is a flower person, i-"

i take the flowers outta her hands before she can finish whatever else she about to say.

she look at me, i look back. "it's okay,"

"it is?"

i nod, "yeah,"

"oh.." she nods like me. only slower, taking a short step back. "ok,"

now it feel kinda awkward. i shoulda just took the flowers and let it be that. "so, you wanna come in?" i ask her.

"of course," she takes a step forward, i step aside and she walks into my house. aaliyah davis just walked into my house. i smile to myself cause i ain't never thought the shit playing out woulda ever got to happen. but it is. it really is.

i turn around and follow her inside, closing the door behind us. when i look at her, aaliyah typing on her phone, standing near the couch. "if you ok with it," i speak up, getting her attention. "we going up to my room. we're not gonna be down here, so.."

"that's fine," she glances down for a minute to stuff her phone in her purse. when she done, she wave her hands for me to start going up the stairs. "after you,"

i keep smiling hard to myself and i'm still smiling as i walk up the stairs. part of me is smiling cause i can't get over the fact that aaliyah davis in my house, the other part of me is smile cause aaliyah davis is polite. even back when i wanted her to hurt so bad it'd make her cry, i always knew she was a polite girl. you can tell is. my family not.

whenever we come back in the house from going out to eat or something, nobody in the house ever be tryna let me go first to come up the stairs.

i can't count how many times i got into with aniyah because her over thirsty ass be rushing and tryna go first.

she almost made me fall one time. it made me so fucking mad. i couldn't get over it for shit. not even when daddy came into my room and told me to "just let it go,"