24.

- cinira 'nyiah' brooks pov // (24)
- july 20th 2022 | lil peep - gym class

the next time i see aaliyah, we standing in front of each other in the middle of a, what she be called in the text messages she sent me, "nature preserve". it's all kinds of trees and loud birds around us. it's a annoying and i don't wanna be here, but i'd do anything for aaliyah and that's even if it mean doing something i ain't even interested in for real. it seem like aaliyah might like me if i find something to be interested in anyway.

i don't want her to think i'm weird or i ain't got no life 'cause it ain't like that. it really ain't like that.

i see she wearing a 'scooby doo' button up shirt and even though it look corny, it make me smile.

"i like yo shirt," i compliment, feeling my lips twitch into a small grin. "it's real cute,"

the shirt look goofy, but it look good on her at the same time.

actually, everything be lookin' good on her and that make me a lil jealous. it also make me feel a certain typa way 'cause i wish everything looked good on me, too.

maybe if everything did, i'd think better of myself.

"your outfits cuter," aaliyah replies slowly.

her arms pull me into a hug and i look straight ahead as i subtlety try and breath her in; i try to bury myself into her without leaving the world behind me. i swear to god, this girl give the best hugs. plus she smell good. she smell something like vanilla sugar from bath and body works, but way better. you can tell it's something more expensive.

smelling good and giving good hugs the best combination. at least that's how it is to me.

after some seconds she pull away and give me another smile.

i try to look her. like, really take a minute to look at her face and see everything good about her face (not in a weird way) but she turn away, throwing her arms out as she talks, beginning to explain to me how this whole 'hiking' shit about to go.

i try and listen but i can't keep up.

"you got all that?" she asks and that's when it register in my mind that she done explaining. i shake my head slowly. "i wasn't paying attention."

she pout her lips a lil bit. "oh, well, just follow me and you'll be fine. m'kay?"

i nod. "m'kay,"

she smile and take my hand in hers, pulling me along until we're walking in sync and as we start walkin', we talk.

we don't talk about nothing in particular, just random shit we been through, random shit that happened to us.

i don't know why, but aaliyah real easy to open up to.

i would never open up to fallon and kacey in the same way i been opening up to her in the way i been doing these past few weeks. i would be too worried about them using all the shit i say against me.

they did it before, i know they'd do it again.

aaliyah would never do that to me though. she ain't shit like fallon or kacey. she nice.

"did you know almost 85% of plant life is found in the ocean?" she speaks up randomly as we pass a small pond.

"how would i know that?"

"i don't know," she shrug. "just something to bring up. i had read about it recently.."

"on tiktok?"

"no, somewhere on google. just a random article me and my grandma was reading. if you wanna read it i can give you the link no problem. i can't really place it right now but i'm sure if i ask my grandma, she can send it to me and i can just send it to you through instagram."