44.

a/n: i think less than 2 chapters left but if i feel like things haven't been wrapped up properly, i'll add more 🙃.
- cinira 'nyiah' brooks' pov | chapter forty-four (44)
- december 20th 2022 | lil peep - sex [last night]

i stand under a tree, waiting on my ride, while most of everybody else around me is hugging they friends 'bye', acting as if they not gon see them in the next 2 weeks.

some feet away from is a group of girls, laughing and talking with each other. "ay, i just realized i'm not gonna see y'all in person again until next year!" one of them say

"oh, my god, you rightt," a different girl drags out with a laugh. "that's actually crazy to think about."

"no, seriously," another girl who not the first two chimes in. "and i don't want that. like, i wanna see you guys before the new year."

the girl who was talking first agree with her. "yea, that's why i was telling y'all we should have april's auntie rent a airbnb so we can bring in the new year as a group and stuff."

"girl, didn't i tell y'all to stop trying to make plans with her?" i can't tell who this other bitch is. i refuse to take my eyes off my phone. "she don't ever fall through with shit. had chanel looking stupid as fuck when they planned that dinner in chicago. who lets a bitch just sit in a restaurant by themselves without even shooting them a text?"

"look, i don't know and i don't even wanna get into all that." the girl dismiss the other one. "and can we take this conversation to the car? it's cold as hell."

not even all that cold, but ok.

everybody in they lil 'group' agree with her and i can't do shit but listen as they voices grow farther away, as they walk off and probably away from the court yard.

anyway, today the last day of school before we go on winter break and everybody's dressed up as if peoria turned into alaska overnight.

i'm not though. i'm wearing my jacket my grandma bought me 3 months after my birthday and i'm fine with it.

some irritating hoe beep they horn a few times and when i look up from my phone, i see it's journey.

i narrow my eyes and make way over to the car. "it took you long enough," i say, pulling open the passenger door.

"my bad," she says back. "i texted god if he could get rid of all the traffic because getting you was soo important.."

"and?" i look at her, closing the door right as i do. "what he say?"

she grins, "left me on read."

"i bet.." i look away from her as i start tryna get my seatbelt on. "he don't respond to people who text and drive."

"i was only doing it for you,"

"and that's why he didn't reply. god don't like me."

"well, i like you.. if it makes up for it."

sighing in my head, i stop with my seatbelt and look at her like i was doing before i stopped. "it does," i lie.

she smiles; shows her teeth with the gems that's gon forever remind me of braces. "good,"

journey looks at me like she actually likes me. like, she doesn't mind being around me, enjoys hearing me laugh, would pay a few cents more to watch a movie i acted in.

ever since we went to olive garden, she's been making such an effort to be.. with me. and i don't mean like, with me as a girlfriend, but with me.. in general.

she texts me everyday, asks if i slept good, asks if we can do stuff here or do stuff there. 

she invited me to her apartment. it's in downtown chicago.