1.

>>chapter one - awful things <<
cinira (nyiah) brooks, 17 - illinois

>>chapter one - awful things <<cinira (nyiah) brooks, 17 - illinois

niyah's point of view
april - 12th

- live forever - lil peep -

"niyah, you snapped on the motherfuckin' fit!" fallon complements happily when i walk into the bathroom.

i'm about two hours late to school and me and all my friends in here supposed to be in our classes but we stay skipping that shit.

i haven't been on time for most of my classes in, like, three months. we haven't took school seriously since the third semester of sophomore year.

most of the time we all just skip school altogether but some of the other times, we just get high in the bathroom. like we doing now.

fallon smiles, handing me an already lit blunt and i take it, looking over it for a second. "who all been smoking on this?" i ask and she gives me a look. "girl, everybody you see in here."

i roll my eyes, bringing the blunt to my lip and taking a slow hit, easily blowing the smoke out my nose.

"jeremiah, crack the window." rio mumbles, pulling out another blunt and running his lighter over it.

'that ain't gonna do shit' i think to myself. as fine as he is, rio super dumb.

i pass the blunt to kacey and she takes it and takes a hit from it.

even when rio lets a window up, the smell still linger in the air. it's most definitely on our clothes and stuff.

i don't really care if it is though.

some teachers caught us smoking and we been sent to the principal office.

we usually get suspended for doing it but my smart ass always make sure my daddy don't find out. he would probably tear my damn head off.

"i'm hungry as hell," rio mumbles a lil bit after we get done smoking.

that remind me.

i pull out one of those little debbie honeybuns out my purse and rio's face light up. "see? that's why you my dawg, niyah-" he cut off when i unwrap the honeybun and take this big ass bite, smiling at him.

"it's yummy, rio."

"girl, go to hell." he glares at me. "let me get a piece though."

"boy, go to hell." i mumble before taking another bite.

fallon pulls out her phone and looks at the lit up screen. "we got, like, fifteen minutes till the bell ring."

"y'all tryna skip again?" jeremiah asks slowly with lazy eyes and i shake my head. "i got a test."