8.

awful things - cinira (nyiah's) pov
may 8th 2022 ...

fallon exhales vape smoke from her nose, ducking her head down a bit so the security guards don't see her.

looking past her head, and canceling out the conversation rio, kacey, and jeremiah got going on, i spot aaliyah sitting at her usual table with her friends.

lila with her. i'll get used to them, but i won't be mature about it.

apparently aaliyah walks lila to all her classes starting from third period and since i don't really know aaliyah classes, i had to get her schedule from the main office.

it's not weird though.

i just have to keep an eye on her since that conversation we had the party not sticking.

that night, aaliyah could barely get words out her mouth. she was stumbling all over the patio, falling asleep while i was tryna talk to her, and her eyes were rolling to the back of her head so much, i thought she was finna have those scary ass seizures she be having.

anyway, i kept asking aaliyah why she didn't tell on me and all she said was how her momma wasn't believing her.

and like the smart person i am, without any regard to how it was gonna make her feel, i turned the situation all on her.

i was like "how can you still care about your mom and she ain't even believe you? that's pathetic, aaliyah. does that not make you feel bad?"

she was sniffling and wiping her face as i was talking to her, but i don't know if it was because of me or 'cause her ass was drunk, but i made sure to let her know that it would stupid to snitch on me again.

"eventually you gon' make me mad and then i'll just have to put my hands on you." i remember telling her.

"but next time, it won't even be a point in telling 'cause nobody gonna believe you." i finished, shrugging my shoulders.

aaliyah didn't respond to that, so i added. "just save yo'self the trouble, girl.."

coincidentally, it started to rain hard as hell and as it did, aaliyah ended up passing out against the banister.

that's when it registered in my mind that i actually drugged her, but if you were to think about it - it doesn't make me a bad person.

it's not like i came to the party with the intention of drugging her. it just happened.

chris was the one who had the pills in the first place.

chris was the one who tried to drug me. if anything, his ass at fault more than i am.

"who schedule you got?" kacey peeks over at the paper in my hands.

i turn my face up at her. "girl, stop being so nosy."

"girl, bye." she rolls her eyes. "'cause why you being so sneaky for? nobody checking for you."

"didn't say you was," i mumble, looking her up and down.

kacey always got a attitude. all she know how to do is blow people. i should smack her-

"nah, forreal, nyiah." rio laughs. "you got a new schedule or sum?"

"it's chris'" i lie easily with a blink.

jeremiah scoffs, snatching the paper out my hand, looking it over.

"ight, since when chris takin' all AP classes? his ass can barely take a shower."

all of them start laughing and all that feeling in my chest i be getting when i'm upset, start building up.