23.

- cinira 'nyiah' brooks pov // (23) - awful things - same day as last chapter - july 11th | lil peep - beamerboy

aaliyah can't cook as good as i thought she would be able to, but i didn't tell her that.

i don't want people to be thinking i'm soft or anything but it looked like she was actually tryin' her hardest, and actually making an effort, too.

chris never tries or makes an effort, but she was. she was real determined.

when i took a bite of the alfredo, it was hot. like, real hot, and since we both knew i could barely taste it 'cause of the temperature, aaliyah asked if i could try it again; she was like, "maybe you can blow on it this time? i'm sorry, by the way. i should've warned you it just came off the stove."

i didn't say anything back to that, i just rolled the noodles up using my fork and blew before i went for it again. it was still hot but not as hot, also i could taste the flavor.

it wasn't a lot of flavor, but i could taste it.

it wasn't all that. the noodles tasted overcooked and the sauce was watery. it was nasty, actually.

"it's good," i nodded as i lied a few hours ago, tryna force myself to swallow my bite. "it's real good.. um, thank you? i-i like it."

she smiled softly at me, scrunching her nose up a lil. "are you just saying that?"

most definitely was. "no, girl, why would i lie?" i questioned her, giving her a 'i ain't playing' look.

i made sure to take another bite, too. just to make it seem all believable and shit.

"you got some aluminum foil? i wanna take a plate home."

"mhm! you can take two if you want." i actually didn't want and i still don't.

i mean, don't get me wrong, i could taste the seasonings she sprinkled on there. the season choice was decent so i'm thinking maybe she should just stick to seasoning shit 'cause as i'm sitting here on the couch in her living room, i'm still tryna see how she made watered down alfredo sauce.

maybe she need to practice or something.

whatever. i guess it don't really mean shit now.

since aaliyah didn't serve the alfredo on a paper plate, i couldn't get out of the situation by just folding up the plate and throwing it away like i do when aunt wilma make the potato salad at bbq's. i had to finish it.

and did.

that was almost 2 hours ago. now we in her living room, asking each other questions while 'lil peep' rap through her portable speaker.

it's a small speaker, the size of my hand, but it's kinda loud. she got the music on a low volume.

"so," she starts, immediately catching my attention. i look at her. "um, do.. you have any brothers or sister?"

i told her i had a sister a lil while ago. maybe she forgot. "yeah, i got a sister."

her face light up. "oh, yeah? older or younger?"