michelle [ scott x pearl - double life ]

what is their duo name?? i swear i thought i knew--

tw(s): slight cursing, mentions/slight usage of torture, slight/implied panic attack

song by sir chloe [ i take no credit!! ]

_.-.*_*.-._

[ scott's pov ]

Walk in the room

Take off your coat

"What is she doing here?" Cleo asked pointedly.

"Why, Cleo," Pearl purred lowly, striding across the room. "That's not how you greet your housemates, now?"

With a bewildered look, Cleo glared at Scott, who shrugged. They glanced back at Pearl. "Who said you could live here?"

Pearl grinned wickedly. "Who else, than my dearest soulmate, Scott?"

Scott swallowed nervously. "I never said that."

"Oh, but dearest." The nickname was a taunt, a dare. "Don't we soulmates share everything? At least, if we must share our pain, why can't we share a house as well?" Her teeth peeked beneath her smirk. Stopping by the couch, Pearl leaned over, inspecting it, before shrugging her cloak off.

The red cloak slipped off, landing on the cream white sofa. The red boldly stood out from its pale, white background.

Like a lonely heart waiting for its lover.

Like fallen blood on fresh snow.

You look so nice

I've been so cold

It was strange to see Pearl without her menacing blood-red cloak. In fact, at first glance, she didn't seem that dangerous.

She wore simple clothing and had no visible weapons on her. Of course, Scott wouldn't be surprised if there were multiple daggers hidden in the creases of her clothes. Not to mention, there was a bucket sitting near the couch, where she left her cloak. Who knows what was in there.

There was a sweet smile across her lips.

And a dangerous glint in her emerald eyes. A red glare that contrasted the innocent shade of green.

A poisoned apple sitting atop a ripe pile of fruit.

Pearl seemed to notice his staring, as she walked closer. "Like what you see, Scotty?"

Forehead creasing at the nickname, Scott heard Cleo's audible scoff. "You should leave."

Pearl pouted. "So eager to get rid of me?" she said smoothly, voice free of hurt or anger. Tracing a gentle finger against his face, her eyes narrowed into slits. "But, Scott. This is our first proper meeting after our... previous incident."

Scott pushed her hand away. "Leave."

"I haven't seen you in ages," Pearl continued on, seemingly ignoring his words. "Though I'm sure you haven't forgotten about your true soulmate, now, haven't you?" Turning away, she grabbed the bucket, and swung it closer. "Of course, the constant pain is an excellent reminder, is it not?"

A white glint shimmered near the top. Pearl reached in, holding a handful of powdered snow.

Scott froze.