100. The days without him

Start from the beginning

"Dinner is ready. Can you spread the newspaper on the bed? They were putting under the matress.", I said while setting the food in two plates.

"Yeah, sure.", He replied and did what I said.

Short while I came to him with a food and he was looking outside the window, I have in my room. Rain was still pouring the outside. It seems like it's going to rain for whole night.

"Dinner....", I said while setting the plates on the bed.

He turns and looked at me. A small smile came onto his lips and he set on the bed. I also set on the bed in-front of him but he frowned when he saw two plates instead of one. He must be upset by seeing two plates instead of one. When Dhruv and I are alone, we have food from one plate. It's our thing. As I expected, he served all the food in one plate and put the another plate aside.

A lone fat tear drop from my right eye when he feed me the first morsal. He wiped the tear but did not say anything. I know I hurt him and he is still upset with me but I am happy that nothing has change between us. He still loves me as much as he was doing before. We both had our dinner in silence and feed each other from our hands. Not a single word exchange between us and I know tension is still lying between us. 

I stood up with empty plates and went to kitchen to wash them while Dhruv get busy in a phone call.

After cleaning the kitchen when I came back to him, I saw him looking at his picture which was on the nightstand. Sensing my presence behind him, he turns and looked at me. There were so many emotions playing in his eyes and his eyes were speaking loudly that he wants answers.

"Is this picture is one of the things you have took from our room?", He asked while showing the picture to me. I looked down and nodded my head as yes, "Seeing you everyday has become my habit. Last time you leave, I don't have any picture of you with me. It was difficult not seeing you. So I took your picture with me.", I said timidly and looked at him. He put the picture on the nightstand and walked towards me. He stopped in-front of me and hold me softly by my waist. But I keep looking down. My guilt did not let me look into his eyes.

"If you love me so much that you can't spend a day without seeing me then why did you leave?", His voice is as low as whisper when he asked me.

Tears streams down from my cheek but I did not looked at him. " Dhruv, I maybe leave house because Anuradha aunty throw me out but what she has said that day was true. I made your life miserable. No matter how hard I tried to move on from my past, it keeps haunting me. Sometimes it was too hard to accept that. I still don't know how I manage to saty alive till now."

He cupped my both cheeks and I looked up to him with my welled up eyes.

"Then let it out what you are holding. Tell me what is in your past. Why it's keep bothering you? Share your pain with me. Aditi, I know you since you were 14 years old and I know how much pain you have gone through. I don't care what happened to you in past. You are still my Aditi whome I love like crazy. I just want you to let out this pain from your chest.", His eyes were reflecting the pain he was holding inside him.

I came out from his hold and take a step back, "But it was dark Dhruv. It's horrible. It still gives me nightmare. After knowing my past, you may not love me like you do.", I said while taking a step back. I put my hand on my mouth, when I sobbed. I have tears in my eyes.

He took a long strides and again cup my both cheeks, "Bring me to this darkness of yours so I can take you out from it. I swear on you Aditi, I will bring the hell to those who bring tears in your eyes.", His every word was holding a meaning. He was keen to know and I also don't want to hold back it anymore. I keep looking at him with my wet eyes and his eyes were reflecting that how desperately he wants to pull me out from this darkness, I was holding inside me.