50. The softness of his lips

Aditi's point of view

Feelings..

It's just not the word. It comes with emotions. Many emotions are attached whatever we feels every second. Like my love for the Dhruv it's just not the love. It's the emotion I was feeling from years. I looked at our joining hands and then him who is taking me to show his room. Who thought one day Dhruv Malhotra, my handsome neighbour will hold my hand and take me to his room.

In these past months since I met him again there are many things which I never thought would ever happen in my life like his kisses. I don't know why he kissed me though it was never a lip kiss but still he just wants an excuse to kiss me. I never feel disgust whenever he get close or our special intimate moments. He makes me feel love but sometimes I afraid what he will do when he know the whole truth of my past

Dhruv opens the door and leads me inside.

"This is my room. I spend my time here whenever I visit."

I leave his hand and look around his room. A king size bed was on the middle of the room and his large portrait was hanging on the wall behind the wall of bed in which he was smiling, which is very rare to seeing him smiling around his family or any other person. There was a large balcony on the right side of the room and it was decorated with plants. His room was fill with his picture. Some of his pictures are from childhood and some are after he became IAS, one picture of him was from LBSNNA with his batch mates. Every one was looking happy in that picture but he was lost in a very deep thoughts. I wonder what was he thinking. But I choose not to ask him. It may be something personal. I don't know if he wants to tell me or not.

I turn and my eyes fell on the small library he has in his room. One thing he has common in his room. He always has a small library in his room no matter where he lives. I took out a random book and it was a Indian Polity book of civil services by M. Laxmi Kant. I opened the book and it was fill with highlighter marker. Most of the lines were highlighted with highlighter or pen.

"The journey of becoming an IAS must be really tough." I asked looking at him who was looking at me very intendedly while leaning to the near by wall and folded arms over his chest with a soft grin on his face. He straighten himself and walked towards me.

He took the book from my hand and said, "Yes, It is but being an IAS officer comes lots of responsibility. Your one wrong decision can effects the whole district. But the journey from a aspirant to be an IAS officer has its own beauty." He has a smile on his face when he was talking looking at the book in his hand.

"You are living your dream."

"It was never my dream. But now I am loving this also." He said looking at me.

"Means...?" I asked in confusion.

"Nothing..." He shake his head as no and give me back the book.

I opened the book again and looking at it with a smile on my face. I am touching the book, once my handsome neighbour used to read in nights. These are the reason, I could not see him from days when he us my neighbour. Finally I get my hand on them who kept my handsome neighbour away from me. Because of them he never noticed me.

"I think, you should also start preparing for an UPSC exam." I looked at him when he bring me out from my thoughts.

"I don't have money for books and coaching." I said while putting the book in its place.

"I'll support you. Don't worry about anything." He said.

"I'm not intelligent like you." I smiled sadly and then looked down. He cupped my one cheek and came closer to me.