I nodded absentmindedly. "They must be getting desperate," I said without thinking. "What could have pushed them to do that?"

"They were after me," Farley said. "Unless they were wanting to use me to get to you, I'm not sure why they'd want me."

"You're probably right," Iris responded. "There's too many people here, they don't think they could fight all of us."

Harlow made a humming noise from the side of the room.

"Yeah," Clementine responded. "Though, if they thought that then surely, they're not keeping track of the house."

"You never know," Harlow replied. "They might have followed us back here."

The comment made my shoulders tense. A hand was placed on my shoulder, no doubt Farley's.

There was some sort of silent communication going on which I didn't comprehend, so I just slumped backwards and waited for a summary.

"How about that date I was talking about?" Farley whispered. "Tonight?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and turned in his direction. "Now?"

His hair tickled the side of my face as he shook his head. "I said tonight. You gotta clean your ears," he teased. "It'll be something simple though."

I bit my lip and nodded my head. This wasn't good timing at all, but in a way, it was also perfect.

"The door's fixed, by the way," Caspian announced as the first-aid box clicked shut. "It took Moss about two minutes to screw the new one on."

"I don't think any screwing takes two minutes," Rowan joked. I didn't understand, but it caused him to get a slap on the back of the head. I must have looked confused, as he said to me, "I'll tell you later."

"No, you will not," Clementine denied. "Let the boy be as innocent as he can. Don't ruin him."

"I'm going to get changed," Farley declared and stood up, dragging me up with him. "We'll see you in a few."

I was pulled up the stairs, leaving behind a room of confused mutters.

I sat at the head of the bed whilst Farley was in the bathroom, probably getting changed like he said he was. That was also where I stayed until teatime. Farley had told me what the others were discussing through their phones earlier. We tried to brainstorm some ways of talking quietly that I could understand, but we didn't get very far.

The conversations continued into teatime talk, along with how everyone's injuries were doing and when the rest of the pack would be returning. Apparently, we got some promising emails whilst I was huddled in our room.

After tea, I wasn't allowed in our room until Farley announced it was ready. It made me anxious and giddy. I didn't know what I was expecting, but since it was Farley, it couldn't be anything bad.

I ended up learning how to start knitting, cutesy of a very bored Iris. She'd been told that she wasn't allowed to work whilst her leg wasn't the best, a good excuse for Caspian to force her to stop working for a moment, and she was suffering for it. She constantly worked, no matter what was going on, so it wasn't surprising when she leaped at the chance to distract me.

Heavy footsteps bounded down the stairs and into the living room. "It's finished," Farley said. He rested on the arm of the chair I was in, his jeans barely rubbed against the back of my forearm. "Wow, that's impressive."

My cheeks became warm, and my lip twitched. "Thank you." I ran my hand against the wool which I had somehow knotted together. "It's all thanks to Iris, really."