My phone rang at that moment too and I picked up the call. Just when I opened the car door and was about to sit in the car, a shadow appeared behind me. I instantly moved my head sideways and a sharp knife scratched on the back of my left hand and a stream of blood oozed out of the deep cut. I believe the man was aiming for the nape of my neck but due to the sudden movement of my head, the hand I was holding my phone with came in contact with the knife.

My driver came out of the car and the guard of the restaurant ran behind the man but he was quite quick. He sat in another car waiting for him on the corner of the parking lot. Before they could catch him, he fled off. The entire scene seemed smoothly planned out.

"We are really sorry sir, we couldn't catch him. I'll call the manager right away"
The restaurant guard said and before I could refuse, my driver whispered.

"Sir we shall get your hand treated first. Should I call the doctor at your penthouse?"
He said, totally concerned for me as droplets of my blood was literally dripping on the floor.

"No, not at the penthouse. It's just a cut though but I'll still get it treated at his clinic."
I tried to sound normal in front of him. Also Arinya must be leaving for home in some time that's why I refused to call the doctor at home because if she gets to know about this incident, she'll be scared to death for me.

The manager of the restaurant came rushing to me just then.

"Are you okay sir, shall I call some medical help for you?" The manager said.

"No I am alright, just my hand came in contact with the knife."
I replied.

"I'll ask my team to look into the CCTV footage and if we'll get any lead on the person, we'll inform your PA immediately."
He informed.

"Sure and please look out that no news around this incident is circulated."
I replied. I didn't want any unnecessary drama in the media regarding this.

"It won't sir." He obliged.

Right after that my driver took me to my family doctor's clinic and I got my hand treated there.
I went to other lined-up meetings for the day and soon I was on my way home. Throughout the ride, I could only wonder how to hide my bandaged hand from Arinya as I had decided not to tell her about any of what happened earlier. She'll worry incessantly and I don't want to trouble her with any negative thought.

When I reached home, she was in the kitchen pouring herself a glass of water. She was still in her office clothes so she must've returned just a minute before me.
You ask how do I know that?
This woman rushes to change her clothes as soon as she gets home as she just can't remain in the clothes she's been in outside for the entire day even for five minutes.

She was just heading towards the staircase when she noticed my presence. I slipped my wounded hand in my pant pocket at that very moment.

"You're home."
She sweetly mumbled and moved towards me instead of ascending the stairs.

"Yes I am."
I too took a step forward and captured her lips.

"You've been out the entire day, you must be exhausted by now."
She said while her hand moved up and down to massage my shoulder.