I scoff as I fix my tie. "And let people think I'm dating you? Yeah, no thanks."

"You mean let Emilia think you're dating me?"

My eyes connect with hers in the mirror. She crosses her arms, confident in herself. I clench my jaw, this is the thing I hate about her, she knows everything.

"How do you know about me and Emilia?" I ask her.

She shrugs, a mischievous look in her blue eyes. "I just do but why don't you just go with me to make her jealous?" She suggests, checking her nails, bored.

I stuff my hands in my pockets and turn around. "And what will you get in return," I say, narrowing my eyes at her.

She looks away from her nails and at me. "To see Athena again. She is the one behind the kills, right? I want to see it in person since I missed it last time," she explains.

My eyes trail down, momentarily stopping at her chest and then to her silk long green dress heels.

My eyes connect with hers, "Fine but don't touch me, don't talk to me, don't look at me."

She raises an eyebrow, amused. "Then how are you supposed to make Emilia jealous? By just standing next to me? That'll definitely work."

I close my eyes, frustrated. Why does she want to help me make Emilia jealous? Why is she so willing? I don't trust her. Not one bit.

I sign, "Fine. We will make it realistic but after tonight don't speak to me ever again."

She nods, "Got it."

I glance down at her hair. It's long and wavy. I can just imagine— No. Stop it.

I turn back around, facing the mirror. "Alright then. We're leaving at ten—"

"Okay, see you then," she quickly says, immediately leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.

I step back and stare at the door in disbelief.

She didn't even try this time. She didn't try to figure out why I cut off all ties with her. She didn't try to mend what was broken.

Is she moving on? Has she met someone else? Maybe she hasn't met someone else. She probably hasn't because why would she be asking me to be her date? Maybe she's trying to make someone jealous too.

She probably is.

✮ ✮ ✮

Lorenzo was also made an exception because Camille said "What woman would want to be his date?" The best thing about it is that she was right but I don't know where he is.

My uncle Mario dances with his wife Katie and uncle Dario is dancing with his wife, Gianna. Each time those two women get close to each other they always argue.

I can't handle listening to them argue again.

I look around and see Elijah hanging out with his therapist at the bar with Sebastian. They all talk and laugh. I grimace, he actually brought his goddamn therapist. He must be lonely. Marcello is talking with Matteo as always.

And Ares. Where is he? I look around the area and find him talking to this random girl like they are best friends. Oh yeah. That's his date.

Sometimes I think he's gay but then I remember he used to fuck his girl best friends in high school so I don't think he is.

My eyes land on Emilia and Domenico. She talks to him with a big smile on her face. Dom has an amused expression on his face as he listens carefully to what she's saying.