Chapter 6 - The smell of you

Omg I haven't posted in two weeks and I am so sorry, but I had the biggest writer's block and so much work to do. My last chapter was kind of shit and this one is more of a short filler, because I was struggling so much, but trust me. After this it will escalate. 

-----------------------

The first week of classes after summer is always particularly hard, although this year it has been exceptionally challenging. My lingering potion addiction had tested me every night, but Ominis had made a habit of checking in on me at bedtime to make sure I didn't relapse. Him and Imelda had a much more calm dynamic and common understanding than Imelda and Sebastian and she would even help him sneak into the girls dormitory to check up on me.

It annoyed the living hell out of me, but I knew they did it because they cared. I had not yet spoken to Sebastian about the way he behaved around Ominis, mostly because he was putting all his efforts into avoiding me, which fumed me with more rage towards him.

I only hoped it wouldn't come out of me during the party tonight. Or in the potions class that I was currently heading to. The other classes that Sebastian and I had together he could easily avoid me because he was always partnered with Ominis or Gareth. But in potions he was my partner and nervous anticipation was brewing inside me as I approached the potions classroom.

Entering the classroom I felt a firm hand on my shoulder and I turned around in surprise.

"Professor Sharp!" I exclaimed at the rugged looking man who had just greeted me with his touch.

"Miss Y/N, may I please have a word?" He spoke so calmly and without emotion.

Professor Sharp and I entered his office and he leaned back on his desk while I stood in front of the closed door.

"I'll cut straight to the case, Y/N. I am worried about you." Aesop Sharp's usual emotionless voice was not seasoned with what I assumed was concern.

"Whatever for, professor?" I responded, acting stupid. I knew exactly what he was referring to.

Professor Sharp let out a sigh. "You remind me so very much of my daughter, Y/N. Equally stubborn as well. I wanted to help you when you were in need of it. However, now I feel responsible for your... Struggles." The professor furrowed his eyebrows as he spoke and a tinge of guilt struck my chest.

I faked a smile at my self-proclaimed supervisor. "I am fine, professor. Much better actually, but thank you for your concern."

Sharp narrowed his eyes at me before nodding in defeat. "If you say so, but, please don't hesitate to call on me if you need it." He placed a strong hand on my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. «Let's get to class. I have something particularly interesting on the agenda today." The Professors' expression changed into a playful grin and he gave me a wink before leading us both back out to the classroom.

The classroom had already filled up with students waiting for the class to start. They all shifted their heads in our direction as Professor Sharp and I exited his office. Some whispers filled the room the Professor limped over to his desk while I moved towards my usual spot.

As I approached my station I realized that my usual partner was not seated in his regular spot. Instead, Ominis was sitting there, staring blankly ahead with his hands folded in his lap.

"Hey, Ominis." I spoke low to not startle him and placed my hand gently on his back.

Ominis flinched slightly but his face soon shifted into a smile as he nodded towards me.

"Where is—"

Before I could complete my sentence another student barged in the door to the potions classroom.